Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

98 yanmar B50-2

KBall ยท 2021-01-15 23:51

I just got a 1998 Yanmar B50-2, promptly got it stuck in mud and blew a final drive hose. I replaced all the hoses in the finals and replaced the oil with 46 hydro fluid, now I noticed the fluid is getting hot. Then I checked my service manual and it recommend 20w or 15w40 diesel engine oil for the hydro fluid. Does that sound right?

Replies3
  1. #1uffex2021-01-16 04:23

    Good day KBall My muti operators manual states 46 Hydraulic oil may be you have a printing error. Kind regards Uffex

  2. #2KBall2021-01-16 11:04

    Maybe the older ones can run motor oil, cause that manual is for VIO yanamar's.

  3. #3uffex2021-01-17 04:23

    Good day KB I suggest you take a close look at the cooling system - Matrix - Fan - Cowling be sure this is not just a coincidence. I cannot see any connection to the 46 fluid and overheating unless you have excessive foaming. Kind regards UffexI