Hi all, I bought a shagged old 980C and it had very ******* tires on them and one of them is permanentaly low and all my trials to inflate it failed. I went out and bought 26.5 25 new nylon Chinese tiers to change the whole lot.... to my surprise all the guys that I took the loader to refused to change them due to the dificulty of the job.. they say its solid rubber tiers that I have on the loader and taking them off is beyond their ability.?? I still cant believe that the old tires I have are solid and not Pneumatic, specially with the one that's low?? What do you guys think about this situation??
Correct me if i'm wrong, or enlighten me... do solid tires take air? How does a solid tire go flat?
Well they are not supose to take air, but they were so old and cracked that we did not even know they were solid... this still is debatable "I still think they are Pnumatic" but the tire shop guy says different. He said the reason one of them looks low is due to the brake of some of its wire supports..?? This whole issue is just a mistery to us and we are planning to change them to regular tubeless tires soon.
Who knows how to remove the old tires?? every one I met says to burn them off..??? I am in a remote area and need to take them off to send them in town to install the new tires.
OK for all you greenies and tree hugers this is your last chance... tell me how to take them off or the torch is ready:stirthepot
ointlaugh
Sometimes solid tires are mounted on split rims where the rim is in 2 peices and bolt together. I know that a lot of skidders had 2 peice rims.
nop no split mate.....:stirthepot but we r getting warmer.... I took it to several tire shops and all of them refused to fix it or said the only way they could take it off was buy burning them off......:bash boy thats 21st century....:deadhorse
Can you find a brand name on any of the tires. Then go online to the manufacturer for info. I did talk to one company that makes these type tires. They use a special rim and bond the tire to the rim to prevent slippage. You might want to check the rims to see if they are even set up to use standard tires, may have to change rims too.
Burning them off might damage the rims by changing the temper in the metal. Although it might be a dirty job, how about cutting them off? Something like a gas powered chop saw or a special chain on a chain saw might do the trick. You might have to cut each tire in more than one spot to get it off.
The brand is BF Goodrich on three of them and Firestone on the forth if I am not mistaken... but you got a point there I'll look online or contact them.... thanks
Well I know a guy that burned them off only to fing that he had melted the rims...:Banghead boy that must of hurt... I thought of using an Oxi torch to cut it off but still toying with several options..