Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

980Gii Lift linkage calibration issues

TEX32 ยท 2019-05-03 09:54

Ok boys. I am at a loss here. ( no joystick detent action ) - Active code: 82 350.13 ( Implement Control, Lift linkage position sensor, Out of calibration ) - Utilizing clicker box I can calibrate levers, no problem and will pass. ( Detents will hold during calibration ) However, upon exiting the cal procedure, detents will not work. - As per manual under Implement Electronic Control System - Testing and Adjustment ( page 157 ) for calibrating "lift linkage" this procedure seems incorrect. When entering mode "6" it states I should have a 3 digit read out representing duty cycle. This never happens, and only "SERVICE CODE" appears. I believe my manual is incorrect. I am looking for the proper procedure to calibrate my lift linkage and bucket tilt sensors. I have done it before, but have since lost my correct procedure notes. Please note: I already have Caterpillar media # SENR5891-05 that states Bucket raise & lower Calibrate, but is incorrect for my unit. Machine: 2004 Cat 980G ii - Ser # AWH01752 Any help is greatly appreciated. Tex

Replies5
  1. #1Nige2019-05-03 10:52

    Is the attached RENR6018 any use..? It seems appropriate for 980G Series II. If so, do you need the calibration for the tilt position sensor also..?

  2. #2TEX322019-05-03 14:13

    Nige !!! I could kiss you. This is exactly the procedure I was missing! Thank you. These are in fact the notes I had before... and 'misplaced'

  3. #3TEX322019-05-03 14:14

    Yes, the tilt is required as well. You sir are a blessing

  4. #4Nige2019-05-03 14:36

    As requested. Happy calibrating .........

  5. #5TEX322019-05-03 15:51

    so beautiful...