Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

980h fuse panel

rmllarue91 · 2022-01-27 11:56

Hey hef got a 980h jms674. Fuse panel in cab got crispy anyone know who makes fuse panel or another machine with same panel. harness is 5k+ and some work to change...... Dealer doesn't have listing for just panel thanks hef

Replies18
  1. #1Nige2022-01-27 14:01

    What Part Number is dealer quoting for the complete panel/harness assembly.? Saves me looking for it............

  2. #2heymccall2022-01-27 21:39

    Pulled this from the main harness assembly. The 980H is the only machine the harness fits.

  3. #3heymccall2022-01-27 21:45

    Main harness breakdown

  4. #4heymccall2022-01-27 21:50

    Whole harness

  5. #5heymccall2022-01-27 21:54

    The block itself fits the following

  6. #6rmllarue912022-01-27 22:46

    Thanks a bunch. when I glanced over it i thought that was the bulk head connector had my parts guy look and even asked local branch service manager And now it's popping right out idk. So happy o really didn't want to change that cab harness

  7. #7rmllarue912022-02-07 11:43

    Plot thickens..... Need a two legged release tool and a few crimp on contacts po3 stamped on contract

  8. #8heymccall2022-02-07 14:36

    7388520 (not a Cat number) Or "Pico 1598D" Search "ato fuse block terminals"

  9. #9rmllarue912022-02-08 09:46

    9w-2033 9w-2032 Found these Terminals on a 972 that uses same fuse panel still looking for a release tool

  10. #10heymccall2022-02-08 12:41

    I don't believe that it would be too difficult to fabricate a twin pin tool. A fat paper clip or two small drill bit stems tacked to another piece of metal.

  11. #11rmllarue912022-02-08 15:22

    i did one with two ice ⛏️ it wasn't awesome I'll try and make something thanks

  12. #12kshansen2022-02-08 19:23

    How about taking a trip to the local drug store and look at some of the tweezers? Looking at that picture seems like a bit of time with some pliers and a grinder could modify them to work.

  13. #13Nige2022-02-08 19:56

    If the idea is to replace the fuseholder block with new, would it be possible to cut up the old one to get the blade terminals out.?It's not like you need it in one piece.

  14. #14John C.2022-02-16 10:27

    I bought this set of keys from Amazon for harness connectors. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07V618SJQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 They have worked for everything so far.

  15. #15rmllarue912022-03-01 22:41

    I'm going to grab that set thanks

  16. #16rmllarue912022-03-01 22:43

    I modified tweezers worked okay thanks gentle men

  17. #17John C.2022-03-01 22:50

    Is the latch in the plug or on the terminal connector. Looks like you need to be a skilled lock pick to free that one out.

  18. #18kshansen2022-03-02 07:47

    As John "Hannibal" Smith would say: "I love it when a plan comes together"