Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 580C front loader / backhoe questions

Case 580C ยท 2022-01-29 12:01

Hello gentlemen, I'm looking to buy a used Case 580C loader / backhoe from 1975 to 1980. I'm currently looking at a 1980 Case 580C, Serial # 9003325. This will be my first loader / backhoe. It will be for home use on my small acreage (3 acres). I'm planning on building a 40x60 shop on the property and the Case would be used during the construction to make a pad, dig foundation, and set 1 ton architectural rock boulders for a retaining wall. The engine is a 3.4 liter (207.0 cu-in) four cylinder diesel engine with low hours ( under 2,500). I do not know if it has a mechanical shuttle transmission with 8 forward and 8 reverse gears and with dry disc clutch, or a power shuttle transmission with 4 forward and 4 reverse. I will hopefully know more about that on Monday when I call to inquire. Here are some questions I have: 1) Are parts still available for this model, ie; engine, transmission, hydraulics, hydraulic lines? 2) Will the lifting capacity of 4698.06 be sufficient to lift 1 ton rocks? 3) What, if any, are parts that fail on this model Case 580C? 4) How many hours will a 580C run with proper maintenance? 5) Will the clearance at max dump hieight ( 8.6 ft in. ) clear a standard dump truck? 6) Which is the better transmission? A few more spec's to help: Lift Capacity at Full Height - 4698.06 lb. Bucket Breakout Force - 7200 lb. Engine Make - J.I. Case Engine Model - G207D Net Power - 50 hp Gross Power - 57 hp Power measured @ 2100 rpm Thank you for any help or advice in advance. Mike,

Replies1
  1. #1stinky642022-01-31 17:41

    Just about every part on the 580C is readily available from the dealer or aftermarket...you will probably get more answers to your questions in the tractor/loader/backhoe section....