Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

980H leaking hyd oil into transmission

Joemulkie ยท 2016-05-06 12:22

Hi I have a customer with a 980H 16000hrs it got a full trans rebuild recently since it came back it's leaking 5 litres per shift from hydraulics to the transmission we swopped the pilot and secondary steering pumps with another machine we fitted a new primary steering pump this only leaves us the implement pump but it's not wet around the tell tale holeso I don't think swopping this will prove anything.Has anyone came across this before??

Replies3
  1. #1mitroscat2016-05-06 16:49

    hello mate can u check Pilot, brake pump is bolted to transmission pump maybe u have a leak.(I am not sure because if u had a leak the parking brake will appear in the monitor) so check the two implement pumps is located under the hood maybe the seal of the shaft is worn. when the implement pump are wet around that means u need to change seals between the plates.

  2. #2Mark2502016-05-06 18:20

    does the machine have supplemental steering pump mounted on front of transmission Mark serial number always helps

  3. #3Joemulkie2016-05-06 20:55

    Swooped that pump already ser no MHG00451