Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

980M

Paver mechanic ยท 2021-11-03 13:25

980M (krs01263). I have active event codes E1364(2) and E1389(1). When I troubleshoot the E1364 code step by step I get to the NOX functionality test and it fails because the ARD fails to ignite. Also I should add this machine does not have the DEF quality sensor installed. So I am troubleshooting the ARD failing to ignite and when I checked for spark with the in-line spark tester it shows spark as soon as the engine is started. ET tells me to go in and turn that function on and observe the spark. I went as far as removing the ARD head to check the swirl plate and it looks good. I cleaned it and reinstalled. The nozzle heater is getting 4.7 amps which is in spec. Any help is much appreciated

Replies1
  1. #1BigWrench552021-11-03 15:54

    Watch your temperature sensor before the dpf. It's possible that you are igniting, but the sensor is not reading correctly. Thus the ecm thinks that nothing happened.