Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

983 loader

dozerman58 ยท 2012-12-06 19:45

Iam looking for a cat 983 loader for sale.

Replies13
  1. #1Lee-online2012-12-06 19:56

    I see the 955 and 977 but don't see the 983 very often, I don't even remember when i last saw one. btw, Welcome to HEF.

  2. #2Bob/Ont2012-12-06 20:20

    They are scarce around here now. Rumbel had one or two out in Mississauga. Haven't seen much of them for years. Last around was a fleet of them owned by Wally D Spinno out of Montreal, Contract miners, blast and haul rock. They all had side dump buckets, half home made LH dump. They did a lot of work on James Bay hydro dams and did most of the rock work at Darlington. I was down to the end of the cooling tunnel, 35 feet down and a quarter mile out under the lake, watching one work. Got bad headache from blasting smoke/gas. Later Bob

  3. #3CM19952012-12-06 20:48

    Welcome to the Forums dozerman58!:drinkup 983's are as scarce as hens teeth. Here is one for sale - http://www.machinerytrader.com/list...d=1024&Manu=CATERPILLAR&Mdltxt=983&mdlx=exact

  4. #4Tony2012-12-07 07:42

    Not for nuttin', (as they say in Brooklyn), but that machine looks like a 977L, not a 983. Someone must have lettered it wrong. Tony

  5. #5Lee-online2012-12-07 16:36

    Its serial number is listed as 38K1040. That is a 983.

  6. #6Bob/Ont2012-12-07 17:23

    Don't look like a 977 to me. Later Bob

  7. #7OldandWorn2012-12-07 19:09

    I like the trashcan over the exhaust. I saw a video of one.....looked big and heavy.

  8. #8griffiths512013-07-19 10:49

    If anyone is still looking for a 983 there is one on an auction in Kansas City. Looks a little rough, but apparently all there. There is a video of it operating. http://www.purplewave.com/cgi-bin/mnlist.cgi?130725/G3270

  9. #9DMiller2013-07-19 14:24

    76,000#, how would one move that! And does cat still carry rail components? That would be a pig to work on.

  10. #10HATCHEQUIP2013-07-19 20:12

    Its a 983 when you look at the pics of engine you can see the d343 cat engine smiling back at ya

  11. #11HATCHEQUIP2013-07-19 20:18

    Im not sure but I think it had d8 undercarriage components but it still wasn't as big as a 155 komotsu track loader

  12. #12Chum Duffy2013-08-16 14:39

    are you still looking for a good 983 if so call me at 814 598 0402 jim duffy

  13. #13cajunblood2013-08-16 16:56

    Hi I am new here. I have a 2005 T-190 Bobcat. Had to charge battery to get started and now control button to activate controls does not come on or engage system. Can someone help>?