I want to buy a grapple for brush clearing and wanted to solicit recommendations regarding brand, size, style. It will be mounted on a Kubota SVL 90-2. I've been looking at a bunch of brands including CA, Anbo, MIE, HLA (in Canada). I've read on a tractor forum that smaller is better in that grubbing out stumps and roots is better with a smaller size whereas others have said to get one at least as wide as the machine. I'm also undecided on style clamshell vs bucket style. Opinions are appreciated. Randy
Hey Randy, How do you like that Kubota? I am looking at the 75 for myself.
It hasn't been delivered from the dealer yet! I'm waiting for a few upgrades to be installed. From what I've seen and read I don't think you are going to be disappointed in the 75. Both have gotten enthusiastic reviews.
For grubbing smaller stuff and general handling, a rake grapple that covers your width is handy. For getting bigger stumps/trees out, a stump bucket wins. To clarify style floor I mean by rake grapple. Dual times are a must to me. http://www.virnigmfg.com/index.php?..._id=1&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=67
Thanks Lumberjack. I think I am going to get the MIE product. Here is the link below. It looks like it will do everything I need it to. http://www.michironandequip.com/pages/CustomCatalog/Product/260477#
I have an 84 inch grapple from Anbo. I got it from skid steer solutions. I have been very satisfied with both the grapple and skid steer solutions. Take a look at the anbo it opens up real wide which enables you to back drag when you open it and then tilt it. The anbo is very tough. I have been hard on it and no of the tines are bent even with rocks stuck up in between them. The anbo is heavy so make sure you size it for your machine.
I agree, Anbo makes nice stuff. I'm trying to find somebody who sells in Canada. My machine is 90hp so I don't think weight is as much of an issue.