Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

’99 450G…looking for new pads with snow cut outs…

Temu ยท 2019-02-12 16:13

I've had enough of this popping after this last storm...anyone have any leads? I suppose I could have my worn pads redone and holes cut, but...any ideas?

Replies13
  1. #1heymccall2019-02-13 10:46

    What is a snow cut out? What's it look like?

  2. #2Temu2019-02-13 11:39
  3. #3Nige2019-02-13 14:08

    Commonly referred to as "trap" shoes after the trapezoidal shape of the hole.

  4. #4Temu2019-02-19 18:12

    Just can't seem to find them anywhere, Dang. Any idea what ballpark cost is to regrouser? Wondering if the places that do track repair can regrouse AND cut the hole?

  5. #5Tags2019-02-19 18:40

    Can you possibly cut holes in the existing pads? If they're almost at the end of their life anyway, what do you have to lose? A plasma cutter and a cut out pattern to locate and cut around on the trackpad would make it pretty easy I would think.

  6. #6Temu2019-02-19 19:25

    They need grousers...these are original pads @ 3370 hours...and having SALT rails, they all have to come off anyways.

  7. #7Master Link2019-02-19 23:42

    Did you check with Deere to see if they have any in the Deere system? If not you will probably have to special order them. It will take about four months to get them in if done correctly.

  8. #8Temu2019-02-20 10:00

    Dayuuuuum! 4 months? I called the local dealer Friday (PAPE), had no idea, said he would get back to me...nuthin yet.

  9. #9Master Link2019-02-20 14:28

    I guessing here as I'm using 450G as the base machine. The book is listing several different tracks. If your track chain has numbers on the links like this T126959 LH and T126958 RH have your JD guy check this number for you T127057 Open Center 16" single grouser. I order a lot of special shoes for the company I work for and it usually takes about 4 months. On these shoes they would come out of Italy. I can help you with all the information but I can't sell them directly to you. If I could I would be we only sell to repair shops. If your JD guy is still lost maybe I can refer you to one of our customers. We have warehouses in Reno and San Bernardino but our customer are all over the U.S.

  10. #10Temu2019-02-20 14:49

    Got this link... https://partscatalog.deere.com/jdrc/sidebyside/equipment/56547/referrer/navigation/pgId/656416 Certainly interested in the lead you mentioned!

  11. #11Master Link2019-02-20 15:15

    Yeah that's the exact page I was on. That's the JD online Catalog.

  12. #12Temu2019-02-20 15:20

    Considering I may be better off just getting a set of standard pads and finding a local plasma cutter to zip the holes out...hoping it won't come to that...but may be more cost effective.

  13. #13Temu2019-03-28 13:25

    TREK brand undercarriage products any good? Finally got a quote, but never heard of that brand...warranty for 3 yr/4000 hr.