I have a 99 D6R Series 2 Dozer I am going to look at today. I hooked up ET yesterday and I’m getting quite a bit of codes but the Priority Valve Solenoid Current above normal is always on and the Torque Converter Output Speed erratic, intermittent, or incorrect code is throwing the solid red light on. Goes away as soon as I put it in gear but comes and goes but comes back right away in neutral. Any input would be great. Thinking of digging through the dirt Im sure is up in there and going through the solenoids and sensors. Are they under the seat/floorboard or under the belly pan? Thanks Boys.
Post a Serial Number please. There must be over 50 different models of D6R. Also post a list of the Active Codes you have. Troubleshooting procedures will be forthcoming. Get the floor plate up and with a bar see if you can get any vertical movement on the converter output flange. The -02 Code coming and going could be due to slop in a bearing in the output side of the converter.
The speed sensor is visible on the top of the output shaft from the converter, you can see it with the floor plates pulled out but to replace it I find it easier to drop the belly pan, you will need some clean up kit to tidy up the area before removing it, then you will need a mirror to see the tooth position to fit a new one, it is the standard sensor setting down onto the tooth then back off a half turn, I tend to do these down onto the tooth then mark them with a tippex pen then undo them 3/4 of a turn and lock them.
Thanks guys. I was on my way to look into it and got called onto some other things and have not made it there and probably wont today. The 2 active codes are the priority valve current above normal and the torque converter output speed erratic. 672-2 for the priority code on ET and 697-6 for the tss as I’m away from the machine. There are very recent codes of service brake pedal switch and position sensor and also the secondary brake solenoid. Serial # 5LN02384
Here are the two procedures. Unless they are Active then troubleshooting procedures similar to the two posted below won't work.
You are so much help. Thanks man!
Should have thought to tell you this earlier. The "TC output speed sensor" is a misnomer. It actually measures the transmission input speed, so it's mounted on the front of the tranny. Just to save you looking in the wrong place for it.