Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 850D brakes

allenb · 2024-04-02 19:01

I recently bought a Case 850D. The master cylinders were dry so I took them both off, cleaned them good and was able to bleed the right brake just fine, but on the left brake after when I bleed the air out of the line, I can only push the pedal about 1/3 of the way down and then the pedal comes to a hard stop, but as soon as I open the bleeder screw, the pedal moves on to the floor. Does anyone have any advice for me. I have taken the rubber boot off of the push rod so I can see how far the plunger is moving. Looking through the manuals that I have, I am thinking that this may be an adjustment issue.

Replies3
  1. #1allenb2024-04-07 07:49

    I replaced the slave cylinder, problem solved.

  2. #2alrman2024-04-07 23:36

    Welcome to HEF @allenb Thanks for the update! So many members come looking for help & never update what resolved their problem.

  3. #3allenb2024-04-10 21:16

    Thanks for the welcome alrman!