Did anyone make it to Cortland, NY on Aug. 9th for the Brockway show? I did with my son and wife. We had a nice day there talking to all the proud Brockway owners, and they certainly deserve their recognition by keeping the Brockway tradition alive. There were over 100 trucks there from showroom-condition to works-in-progress to oldies-but-goodies. There's a few restored '71's to '75's with 1693T Cats (used in the older model D-8 bulldozers,) and 12V71 Yamahas, that are to die for. I took a ton of pics, and will post them as soon as I get a chance. Well worth the 4 hour one way drive for us, and we'll be doing it again next year for sure. Hanging around the vintage truck owners is a lot different than going to the new generation high-tech large car shows, because the owners are all down to earth and sharing a bit of the heritage, rather than competing for "the most chrome you can fit on a dashboard while re-mortgaging your house to do it " award. Something really nice about a real truck with steel doors, steel dash, steel everything, but with tasteful interiors and accessories of the day. Not too many plastic parts on those old Brockways. Those 360 and 361 long hoods, forward axle models are handsome to say the least. There were a few 70's model triaxle dumps that would knock your socks off. One guy was selling one (a 1970 361,) with a 1674 270 HP Cat, and a 5X4 airshift for $5500.00 cash. Needed cosmetics and body work, but I thought that was a heck of a deal for as much truck as it was. It was all there, everything worked, ready to drive away. If a man had 15-20K he wanted to throw away and put it into that truck, he'd be the envy of his neighbors for sure.
aways had a soft spot for brockways, the first truck i drove for a construction company was a 1977 361 tri axle with a 270hp cat with a 5x4 spicer wasn't a power house but it could pulla house down. wish i had a picture.
Well now that you teased us buddy, need pics!!!!!! Not sure if I told you the last time we talked, I had to miss the truck rodeo in Quebec so I'm suffering from "lack of truck show withdrawl" I am going to go to the NAST show in St. Ignace, Michigan next month though:drinkup
Hey now...how can you be so sure they'll let YOU through the gate to come to Michigan??? :lmao opcorn (Only kidding buddy, as you probably know... )
Oh yeah, they let me across (they just x-ray me every time Gotta make sure they intercept that terrorist meat in my sandwhich ) Just kidding. Forgot to tell you Lowboy, got a big promotion? I haul sawdust from Gwinn, MI. to the flakeboard mill in Sault, Ont. everyday now. One load a day.....gravy run. Thought I was lazy before.......LOL :drinkup I saw a Brockway forum somewhere before. I think it's called huskydrive.com? I haven't checked it out yet.
I know this is from 2008 but, Brockwaytrucks.org is what you are thinking of. Huskidrive is an information site that has pictures form people collections, spec sheets, cross references, etc. Basically just so people dont forget Brockways!! I am H762TL on the Brockway forum. You should join!