Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

a BIG man lift

farmerted44 · 2006-05-04 02:22

check this out. 150 ft. boom. wow

Replies20
  1. #1farmerted442006-05-04 02:40

    close ups . i took these from the comfy cab of 631B water pull. code name "the man killer"

  2. #2tylermckee2006-05-04 02:45

    check out these lifts http://www.teupenamerica.com/index.htm

  3. #3Tigerotor77W2006-05-04 10:29

    Back in the day when I had time to collect massive amounts of literature, I had a ton of stuff from Bronto skylift... http://www.bronto.fi/index.asp (You will need to choose the English language, most likely.) Awesome machines -- I can't imagine the stresses in those booms!

  4. #4Dozerboy2006-05-05 20:29

    A friend of mine works for a small electric company. They take equipment home with them to work around there acreage. He brought home a 100'er IIRC to cut down an old oak tree that was hanging over there house. The day before we stared he wanted to take me up in it to check it out. He puts us all the way out straight up and we are BSing about using this for hunting season. He tells me to look out at the far tree line there is a herd of deer over there. After I turn my back to him he grabs the controls and drops us as fast as he can and then jerks us back up. It’s a good thing he is a lot bigger than me, because after I found out I wasn't going to die I was ready the though him out of the bucket. He let me take us down and I gave the controls a little jerk, but it was a little unnerving seeing that stick flex 3' back and forth.

  5. #5farmerted442006-05-05 23:39

    dozerboy, wow that would **** me off!!! and then i would proably start laughing like no tomorrow...

  6. #6rino14942006-05-06 06:37

    You won't find me up in those things.

  7. #7Dozerboy2006-05-07 01:49

    It wasn't too bad on the nice calm summer day that I went up, but he has stories about ice storms and 30+mph winds. I sure wouldn't do it for a living.

  8. #8CEwriter2006-09-06 23:38

    Check this out http://www.constructionequipment.com/article/CA6280171.html?text=genie 135 feet of reach that transports on a drop-deck trailer. L

  9. #9itsgottobegreen2006-09-07 00:57

    Why do you call it "the man killer"

  10. #10jazak2006-09-07 12:56

    cause those are HIGH VOLT lines and one wrong move witht the joystick and you're ashes.

  11. #11farmerted442006-09-07 23:22

    have you ever run a 631 B??? lol actually we are a pretty spoiled bunch..it is the only piece of equipment that we have that is open cab.

  12. #12CatYelloBlooded2008-04-27 19:20

    I've been up in one of those S135 genie lifts. I took it 2/3 the way up and got chicken. There was about a 5mph wind and that was enough for me. That's a tall machine though.

  13. #13bobcat ron2008-04-27 19:26

    I've got pics of EAM's "snooper" truck for bridge inspections if anyone would like to see them.

  14. #14stretch2008-04-27 19:44

    Yep, CTDOT's got a bunch...I saw a crew on the Gold Star Memorial Bridge in New London once...I wouldn't want to work 100' over the Thames River with that sea breeze kicking in. (woohoo!!! senior member!)

  15. #15rare ss2011-04-01 08:14

    I'm looking for info on one of these units for those in the know.. does anyone have info on the Terex units?? TM105 or TM125 click here for product info

  16. #16M16872011-10-26 22:31

    Now thats a lift.

  17. #17OldandWorn2011-10-26 23:04

    We had a 135' Bronto for a fire truck (tower bucket truck). What a pig, just too heavy to go speeding around with. Rolled and totaled it a few years ago....amen.

  18. #18grupogomariz2011-10-29 14:05

    Wow, the tallest man lift I've ever seen until now was de JLG 1250AJP (125ft). JLG 1250AJP Lift

  19. #19nickbowers2011-10-30 04:49

    we had one at home, it think it was 60 or so feet. went to the top and straight back down. only have to do it once in a lifetime

  20. #20heavylift2011-11-10 02:42

    HeavyEquipmentForums Well check out monster in this post... 338 ft... don't think you'll see me in that bucket