Part Number 70080862 "Steering Knuckle" Swivel assembly, Have tried Minn Par and looked everywhere for a salvage Grader with this part. Sure would like to be able to STEER!!!!!
Proprietor Phone: (02) 6762 4466 Mobile: 0429 624 144 Email: [email protected] I know this is over seas but says he has a Fiat Allis 65 B don't know if parts are the same
Try Equipment Salvage in Cambridge Ohio.
Do you still have the remnants of the old part? I'm wondering if you can have a machine shop make you up something. Post up some pictures of the actual part. From the drawing, I don't see any reason you couldn't have it made. Unless you are concerned about "antique" value and original parts.
I have two of them on a salvage grader at my house about 77 miles from Leander, but I'd better keep one. Not cheap at $450 but you'll have a functional grader in about 2 hours. If you think that's pricey or hard to find, just try finding a reverse gear for it! They don't exist... I searched for 2 1/2 years for one and wound up buying a parts machine minus the engine, radiator, and hydraulic pump for $4500, and the moldboard was bent on it...and the tires were flat and 40 year old chalky black rubber. And then, wait until your pot metal hydraulic pump coupler strips the splines or breaks out...yes, I have one of those too! Brand new in the box, last one on the planet I think. Click on my name and send me an email if you're interested.
They tried for me, but no luck...
Here are the pictures, (d9gdon note how they dealt with the hydraulic coupler hee hee)
Pump Not-a-coupler
Too funny... Let me know if you want this knuckle. Hydraulic pump coupler is $300 if you need it. It is made of steel.
You might find one, over at the unofficial AC forum...
Looks like a shaft with machined ends for bearing caps that you could steal from the right sized U- joint. Then make up the crosses from steel, tubing cross welded up and bored for the steering arm. It's not like your talking some high speed balanced shaft. I think d9gdon's is probably simpler- since he's so close to you. A little time and the right tools and I think you could make one.
D9gdon’s is the way to go. If you wanted that one repaired or a new one made, I would be happy to do it. It would be more expensive that D9gdon’s though.
That could be a square piece of steel with two holes drilled out of it, not even terribly precise either. If you had the right stock I'd think it would be an hour. the tough part looks fine, you just need that broken part replaced, right?