Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Wanted Parts manual for 660B Grader Detroit Motor

Barry Frisk ยท 2018-09-10 17:14

Wanted Parts manual for 660B Grader Detroit Motor

Replies15
  1. #1kshansen2018-09-10 18:27

    Any chance of a model number off the engine? Detroits often had tags on the side of valve cover with lots of important information. Heck even a couple pictures would go a long way to figure out what engine it has in it!

  2. #2Vetech632018-09-11 07:25

    Like Ken said, a model and serial number would help. If you cant find that, take a few pics of your engine if possible and post them.

  3. #3Vetech632018-09-11 07:27

    LOL......I need to pay more attention to these replies! Ditto Ken X2

  4. #4Barry Frisk2018-09-11 11:03

    Model The model is a Wabco. Serial is P660 B-GM-15195. It has a standard transmission and an oil clutch.

  5. #5heymccall2018-09-11 12:45

    Probably a 190 horse 71 series detroit. From here https://www.powerlinecomponents.com/literature/detroit_diesel/il71_model_chart.htm

  6. #6kshansen2018-09-11 14:35

    Did you see if there were any numbers on the engine itself? If it is the original engine it should have a tag on the valve cover with the information like the one pictured below. This one is a stamped steel cover but the newer engines with the cast covers would also hve the information tags on them. A Detroit parts book for the common 71 series engines could be over two inches thick printed on thin paper. Detroits were used in just about any application where one would want to turn something short of an airplane propeller and it would not surprise me if someone did not try to do that! So the number of options and variations are almost endless.

  7. #7Barry Frisk2018-09-11 20:30

    with new injectors and some tlc the motor runs excellent but I need a parts book for the grader itself not the motor

  8. #8Barry Frisk2018-09-11 20:32
  9. #9Vetech632018-09-12 06:52

    Well, I guess I misunderstood. I cant help with a book on that.

  10. #10kshansen2018-09-12 07:12

    Well that makes two of us, guess having read the "660B Grader Detroit Motor" I too thought the question was about the motor. Glad to hear the Detroit is running after some new injectors and TLC!

  11. #11spitzair2018-09-15 01:12

    I have some books for a 666/777 but they're at my parents' place about a 15hr drive away. Not sure how similar a 660 is to a 666... If you want I can see if they can send them to me or get them copied and sent to you...

  12. #12Barry Frisk2018-09-15 14:09

    Good Morning-could you reply to the following please-price of each book and or a total of both? is a bank draft acceptable? I don't need them immediately and I have family in Ft St John and Edmonton if you are travelling back and forth at a specified time perhaps we can organize a pickup thank you

  13. #13spitzair2018-09-15 14:14

    I don't know if they are correct for your machine, and I am not looking to sell the books as I need them for my grader but I will be more than happy to copy them for you. I will be going down late November if that works, I can send the copies to you or drop them off with your family in Edmonton too, just don't know the timeline. Can you post a picture of your machine somImcan see how close or not close it is?

  14. #14Barry Frisk2018-09-15 22:18

    parts numbers for the rear axles are the only ones that are the same and those are the numbers that I need and you can post them on here or send me an email thank you!

  15. #15spitzair2018-09-16 23:09

    Ok I will see what I can do. It might take a while, hope that's ok.