I have a CAT 287D skidsteer that I can't seem to get the A/C working. I've checked the low and high pressure switches they are in the correct position to run but have now power to them. I jumped 12v to the compressor and it pulls in, and I have power to the switch in the cab. It just doesn't seem to make it back to the the low side switch.
Would you like an electrical schematic so that you can go tracing continuity/power.? If so all it needs is a Serial Number to identify the correct one because there are 5 different models.
Yes! That would be very helpful CAT0287DVHMT00499 Thanks!
Attached
Being a searchable PDF, simply search by wire number.
Thank you! This will make things much easier to trace. I'll let you know what I find.
The problem was a broken switch leg back from the toggle switch in the cab to the relay. Thanks again for the diagram.
I have another question. I'm out on a job and have been running the unit now for over a week A/C is ice cold. But I'm showing 10 hours to service the oil and filter and keep getting a reminder with a red x. I plan on changing it after this job. My question is, when it hits 0 will it stop running?
No, but it will flag up a message on the display saying the machine is overdue for service. Do you have an O&M Manual for it.? That will show you the procedure to reset the maintenance interval along with a load of other useful stuff. Here's one on eBay or if you don't fancy a CD you can download a manual in pdf format from HERE . Just put SEBU9084 in the box and click the Search button.
I have the manual, thanks for the info. I was just worried I would go into a no run at 0 hours, and have to change the oils in the field to finish the job. I have about 3 days left at that site and planned on going through the whole machine after we're done. Thanks for the quick response.
There should be something in it that tells you what happens on the panel when the hours go over the maintenance interval. Is the maintenance interval set between engine oil changes set to 500 or 250 hours. IMO 500 is a bit much for a small engine such as that one.
250 with 6 hours left now, so I'll find out tomorrow probably what happens. Today looks like a rain out. I usually change oil once a year on my skidsteer and I typically only put 100 to 150 hours a year on it. ( hobby farm ) This is my first CAT, I've always had CASE and so far I'm happy with the performance. Seems like allot more things can go wrong with all the extras and being new to the HMI I just want to make sure I'm not getting stranded. 10k lbs would be hard to get back on the trailer if it's not running. Thanks for all your input, I'm sure I'll have more questions.
If you want peace of mind then a suggestion would be to reset the service indicator now even though you haven't actually done the service yet. Then whenever you actually do the oil/filter change, reset it again.
Seriously? Absolutely nothing derates or goes offline when the maintenance interval is exceeded. Just a warning, er, reminder, at every subsequent startup. Once in a while we'll exceed it on ours, but, what does happen is that yours truly forgets to reset the maintenance reminder.