Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

289B hydraulic oil drain

Doozerdozer · 2023-07-31 20:08

Gday, hey I’ve got a 289B cat skid steer, I wanna change my hydraulic oil but can’t find the drain. Book says there is a hose to drain and just turn the valve. I’ve looked from up top and from down below through hole in skid plate and I can’t find a loose hose that would drain anything or a valve. Stumped!! They sure as hell could give a guy a little bigger access hole in the skid plate as well. TIA for any suggestions.

Replies3
  1. #1heymccall2023-07-31 20:29

    I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that they didn't make a 289B. At least not one I can find on my usual sites.

  2. #2heymccall2023-07-31 20:30

    Try this thread CAT 259D Hydraulic Drain Location I just purchased this machine and it didn't come with a manual. I'd like to drain the hyd oil tank, but for the life of me can't find the tank drain. It's a 2015 model. Can some point me in the right direction? HeavyEquipmentForums

  3. #3Doozerdozer2023-07-31 21:15

    Lol. You are correct, it’s a 287. Just not paying close enough attention to wth I’m doin. Maybe I should go look for the drain again.