These are a couple of houses I've lucked into lately for work. I am trying to get in with more companies who do house demos. [video]http://youtu.be/sFgrEMT_1Ew[/video] [video]http://youtu.be/A32kfCimz3M[/video] This first one was burnt about 40% and took about twelve 15yd. dumpsters, but I overloaded them I was told. Unfortunately we had an issue with the truck that was hauling in the cans so I had to use two tandem dumps and they got it in twelve overloaded loads and I filled the the on 15yd. can in the front. This is the next one I'm supposed to do. It's a pretty big 2 story duplex. Could be over 20 loads on this one.
Demo is always fun. Are those your cans or a hired service? If you are hiring a service, get 30 yard cans, they will make the job go much quicker. In the demo business, the quicker you haul the debris the more profitable the job is.
Yes, They're almost too much fun. I get too excited to be honest but here's a video having fun with a demo job. [video]http://youtu.be/IbQ3zMyWsWc[/video] The company that hired me actually owns the 15 yard dumpsters and the city at the one house wouldn't let out side roll-off companies in the city limits. It was some political crap. The company I worked for had to put "Not for hire" on all their cans. They also hauled them with a single axle. Good for hand loading but not with machine packing in all the corners and such. But yeah 30 yd cans are the way to go. Tandems seem to work good if the turn around is short...and if the driver isn't complaining too much about debris sticking out.