Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

A D9G Follwed me home today “Ex Mashuda” machine

TimT · 2018-06-26 19:36

After a year of thinking and some horse trading, I got my hands on this ex Mashuda Corporation 9G. It seems to be a very good old dozer that has sat for years, all fluids were clean, very good undercarriage, we put the blade on yesterday and I bought it. The D9G has always been my dream tractor. It will now reside near my 36A D8H.

Replies20
  1. #1td25c2018-06-26 21:18

    Your going to have to build a bigger shed Tim . Nice find !

  2. #2Don k2018-06-26 21:59

    Wow, you can do some damage with that machine.

  3. #3Junkyard2018-06-26 22:10

    Looks to be setup for pushing scrapers? Nice looking dozer. I like the older stuff better. A bigger shed and more acres to play on!

  4. #4Ronsii2018-06-26 22:27

    Nice!!!! Bigger is always better One of these days maybe one will follow me home... I know a couple of 2U's did

  5. #5390eric2018-06-26 23:49

    I live about 20 minutes from the old Mashuda shop. Man that was a complex. If the car dealer, which was 5 minutes from it didn’t have they would call them. Mashuda usually had it in stock.

  6. #6DB22018-06-27 06:04

    Love it! Looks like original paint.

  7. #7SidewinderGlenn2018-06-29 17:21

    I spend many nights on one of Ralph's old 9G's ... in Follansbee, WV. Look for any signs of her landing on her right side .... nicks/scratches along the top right of the ROPS ..... I think I remember the right running board got bent up too. Broke 3 ribs in six placers ... Collar bone ... & both rotor cuffs. I have a few pictures of her. (not on the side)

  8. #8Dickjr.2018-06-29 19:04

    Every body always says "if they had a D9". I reckon you can back it up. I'm guessing you burned 5 gallons of fuel in that video. I'd like a D7G to do some occasional pushing couple hundred hours a year.

  9. #9TimT2018-06-30 15:15

    Glenn, If this is the one, its not obvious.. everything is straight, ROPS, Running board, all ok. The machine's Mashuda ID is B1-132 ....would love to see pics of any of Mashuda's 9's.

  10. #10kshansen2018-06-30 17:03

    Hey I have a couple stumps in my yard that I'd like gone, any chance you could swing over to the house and do that for me?

  11. #11SidewinderGlenn2018-06-30 20:29
  12. #12SidewinderGlenn2018-06-30 20:38
  13. #13SidewinderGlenn2018-06-30 20:40
  14. #14TimT2018-07-01 07:32

    Glenn, Those are Fantastic!!!! Thanks very much... I'm trying to start a Mashuda photo collection and these are perfect, Tim.

  15. #15SidewinderGlenn2018-07-01 13:33

    PM me with your email addy & I'll try to send you what I have. g

  16. #16old-iron-habit2018-07-01 15:07

    Your Cat D9 with the inside push blade would fit up perfect behind my Cat DW-21 scraper. They were matched up as a pair by Cat when new.

  17. #17Legdoc2018-07-01 19:35

    Congrats on the new machine! Back when a Cat was a Cat, no need for all the bling bling electronics. The go to machine down here was a D7G. All the oil field guys had them. Although much smaller they were tough and simple. It was a different time. Enjoy that beast!

  18. #18texaschad252018-07-03 17:08

    That 9 makes my old 7E look like a kids toy. Enjoy it!

  19. #19Dug Overburden2018-07-28 17:33

    I love the old Mashuda D9G action photos. nice to see an old machine working alongside modern machinery.

  20. #20Shimmy12018-07-29 14:45

    I'm sure glad I didn't let the "cat" out of the bag on the 7G that we bought. I'm guessing if you had known it ran perfectly before the auction, I may have had some bidding competition, lol.