Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

A few things done with D8’s this year

nicky 68a ยท 2019-12-22 08:59

A few things done this year with D8's

Replies11
  1. #1nicky 68a2019-12-22 09:04

    Few more

  2. #2nicky 68a2019-12-22 09:12

    Some more

  3. #3nicky 68a2019-12-22 09:13

    Last one

  4. #4Nige2019-12-22 09:59

    Nice pics Nicky. Merry Xmas.

  5. #5Blocker in MS2019-12-22 10:23

    Looks like you have been having fun! I love that last picture most of all. I have a question though, in your first picture on top of the cab there is an amber along with a green strobe. Can you explain the purpose of that? It does not seem to be on all your machines.

  6. #6nicky 68a2019-12-22 11:13

    Hi Blocker. The orange beacon is a standard thing here these days,but the green beacon flashes when your seat belt is fitted. If it goes off,management will stop you working. Green beacons are not fitted to the older D8's as management deem them unnecessary in older machines

  7. #7kshansen2019-12-22 18:16

    nicky, looking good hope the new year treats you well!

  8. #8Blocker in MS2019-12-22 18:31

    That is interesting. I wonder what deems the necessity of a seat belt in the newer and not in the older.

  9. #9nicky 68a2019-12-23 12:07

    Thank you sir. I hope retirement is suiting you. All the best for Christmas

  10. #10nicky 68a2019-12-23 12:08

    I don't know. I had seatbelts fitted to the old D8's,but no green beacons

  11. #11Welder Dave2019-12-23 12:42

    They figure you fall further from a high track?