Hey, guys.... Need your expert help.... Does anyone know the original color of the early Rome horse drawn pull graders? I have access to one which I'd like to restore and place as an ornament in front of our store. Any help? C'mon guys! Gimme a paint code/paint name, and I will mail you an all expense paid KOMATSU cap (and maybe a genuine KOMATSU pen as well!). Thanks....let the info start a-flying! Best, Tony
Well if your sure its a ROME. This is what I think I know. Rome was established in the early 30's. They built some lines of earth moving equipment for CAT. They trace there lineage back to approx. 1877 when they under a different name building mostly discs and harrows. They marketed through CAT their product line. There current line is painted CAT yellow. I am willing to bet given their close ties with CAT when they started that their colors back in the day were Antique CAT yellow. If I may be so bold and suggest you paint your Rome Komatsu Yellow with blue accents (wheels and seat) that would look cool. Cant see you painting it CAT yellow. Would it be authentic ROME colors no, but given the alternative (a piece of CAT yellow equiment in front of your store) I think you could be forgiven for taking some artistic license. Let me know if this is sufficient to win the ball cap. I had a Komatsu cap from ConExpo in 05. That was my favorite cap. Good luck.