I just want to find a good reference source to find weights and dimensions of various machines. the one in question at the moment is a Case IH JX1075C Cab Tractor 4WD with Loader. I can't go by a "customer's estimate". A couple times, I've had a 14,000 pound tractor turn into 28,000 pounds of machine, because the owner didn't take into account the front loader, the ripper, and the loader bucket full of spare cylinders and stuff. Any help????
cat.com is the best I know of. There is not only CAT specs there but plenty of others to.
The jx series is a newer tractor. i think you are looking @ 5900 lbs with a cab take 250-300 lbs without. loader is between 14-1500 lbs safley depending on model and bucket config(i'd subtract between 200-300 lbs for no bucket/attachment) don't forget suitcase weight and or wheel weights.as for you ripper or implements i depends totally on who makes it. I know this though Sunflowers are nice heavy built pieces and DMI are cheap light duty jobs. like i said totally depends on what kind ( toolbar vs. tag along vs. semi rigid mount vs. rigid mount) If i'm not mistake ur machine must be a narrow width machine? like orchard or vineyard? not sure but i thought because of narrow width and wheel base they were not optioned with factory loader. After market retro fit could throw off my numbers substansially!? Am i right about your tractor? about 75 hp factory? I have a similar full width tractor with a weight difference of about 2000 lbs(plus side). oh and those #s are with MFD. non-mfd with cab knock off 250-300 lbs. just my two cents
Go to the various manufacturers websites for specific specs on most new machines. Both Construction Equipment and Equipment World magazines also have spec lists available. Older issues of the Caterpillar Performence Handbook are great for the previous model Cats as are rare copies of the Euclid Performence Handbook. Komatsu also prints a good Handbook. On-line sources include the Antique Caterpillar Owners and Red Power Magazine. Good Luck!
I didn't buy it, I'm just hauling it. Thanks for the advice guys. Keep it coming!!
Spec-check might be helpful too. I've never used it in any meaningful way, (cause it's not free , and I've never had the real need ), but it looks like it might be well worth the cost, if you absolutely have to have the information.
Squizzy Waz ere (I am a victim of super moderator cyber-graffiti.) I like your new look digger242j. It suits ya lol.
Squizzy's contribution to the signature just makes me feel like my personal space has been vandalized, but I have to admit, the fellow with the scythe is sorta growing on me...
It must have been a hacker....I've changed my password just in case
You need to find yourself one of the books the DOT officers have. It shows them the weight of diffrent machines from diffrent manufacturers to give them a idea if your overloaded or not before they get the scales.
5148 lbs. or 6063 lbs. for 4WD and cab. That and many others can be found at www.tractordata.com
For Cat equipment info: www.ironrecord.com is the best on the net.
Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums dulding! :drinkup
http://www.transportdimensions.com is a new free website where users post the dimensions of equipment that they know about for other users. There is not much there now but hopefully it will grow. I think we all can agree it can be very hard to find the dimensions of some equipment.