Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

bidding parking lot?

Woodstock ยท 2007-08-31 21:38

I got a phone call today to level off 3.5 acres for a parking lot-pad. It is all sandy loam soil, no rocks. I haven't seen it yet but the guy said it was pretty level. He has all the base contracted already and wants me to blade it and make it level after I finish the dirt work. I don't know the best way to bid it by the job or by the hour, any one has any suggustions I would appreciate it? Thanks.

Replies1
  1. #1zhkent2007-08-31 22:57

    I prefer to bid on jobs where I am more in control and know where my work starts and stops. If you know just what is expected of you and think he will get the rock hauled in a timely manner, bidding on it should work. If you aren't sure of everything I would suggest going hourly.