Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

A Jesus Clip

fixou812 · 2015-06-05 18:02

Usually a small spring loaded clip, snap ring or retainer. When it goes flying across the shop you holler... " Jesus #*£¥♡÷ €hr1$t !"

Replies5
  1. #1D11RCD2015-06-05 18:36

    My Sidchrome ratchets are held together by one of those each.... Pretty good name for those things too.... :thumbsup

  2. #2lantraxco2015-06-05 19:22

    One old guy I knew called them "mileormore" clips... cause when one flies off, it goes for a mile or more. Eh.

  3. #3kshansen2015-06-06 08:33

    Had a problem with a similar part the last few weeks at work. We were replacing a heater motor in a 980G Cat Loader. The squirrel cage fans are locked on to the motor shaft with spring type hose clamps. As the fans were very dirty took them and all the hardware over to the sink to wash everything up. Back to the work bench to assemble and when got to the second fan noticed one of the clamps was missing. After much searching with no sign of the missing clamp decided to try something else. Found a snap ring in our kit that fit nice and tight and actually installed three of them to make it good and tight. Then a few days later while cleaning up some other part at the sink picked up the parts brush and guess what was stuck in the bristles! That G.D. clamp I had lost days before! And no I did not open up the heater to put it back where it came from, those heater motors are buried down behind the seat and take too long to tear apart just to replace one little clamp! At that time I only had a few weeks to work so I was sure the snap rings would hold till I was gone, let Bill worry about it!:tong

  4. #4Dualie2015-06-07 01:33

    I thought Jesus pins where what held Mobil carnival rides together. Where you look at the pin and go Jesus is thats all thats holding this thing together?

  5. #5lantraxco2015-06-07 02:57

    Yep, transported, set up, maintained and operated by people earning minimum wage and probably on drugs. Most don't have a license as the carnivals all advertise for drivers to move from one location to the next. Surprised we don't hear about more accidents.