Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

A line up of vintage crawlers

q4016lanz ยท 2012-01-22 05:05

Hi we got our old crawlers out of the shed and give them a run then lined them up for a picture anyone recognise any of these old crawlers John

Replies10
  1. #1Steve Frazier2012-01-22 17:42

    After you get some answers to your quiz here, I hope you'll follow up with individual shots and decsriptions! Thanks!!

  2. #2q4016lanz2012-01-22 19:00

    Hi Steve I will post some better pictures abd se if anyone recognise them. Cheers John The crawlers in the shed are not runing yet

  3. #3d9gdon2012-01-22 19:58

    That orange one is an Allis Chalmers, after that I don't recognize a one of them. I think they're IH and Olivers. I think one of them is a Cat. How close am I?

  4. #4Tiny2012-01-22 20:41

    If your saying all of the others will run , That is a huge accomplishment considering age and parts availability

  5. #5q4016lanz2012-01-22 23:55

    Yes Tiny exept the thrid one from bottom it's was stuck in gear i fixed it this moring and the girls towed the ransome in place didnot want to crank it Cheers John & my son Brad

  6. #6RDG2012-01-23 03:17

    One is a Fordson crawler, 2 more are Marshall Fowlers or Fowlers, not sure which or could also be a Lanz Bulldog, think they both had a large single cyl 2 stroke engine. Cheers RDG.

  7. #7q4016lanz2012-01-24 03:44

    Thanks John

  8. #8sdarmstrong2012-02-01 16:58

    Any close ups of the Ransomes? Something of a fan!

  9. #9wosama931b2012-02-01 20:40

    Thats the type of tractors the farmers had when i was a kid, its great to see that some are still around. Thanks for shareing.

  10. #10q4016lanz2012-02-02 07:42

    Thanks everbody thay are the type of tractors i drove when i left school sniging logs out of the bush plowing ECT Cheers John