Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

A little Belgium blue in the US

Crane Op ยท 2009-10-24 01:12

Was out the other day and found a pair of SPMT's in Belgium blue AKA Sarens! They picture isn't the best but I am heading back tomorrow. This is the first of Sarens that I've seen since partnering with Rigging International in Alameda California. Hopefully a crane or two will appear! What a change from Bigge, Bragg, Sheedy etc.. Nice to see Sarens state side.. Now we need some heavy lifters

Replies24
  1. #1Crane Op2009-10-24 01:14

    Another picture.. not the best but I will go back I didn't have my camera on me only my cell phone.

  2. #2Dualie2009-10-24 22:32

    Nice to see a fellow nor-cal Crane op on here! Is that benicia where those pics were taken? You forgot that mammot is starting to have a presance here in california. They have a yard in So cal but i have been seeing their equipment up here every now and again

  3. #3BigIron252009-10-28 17:57

    Love to see more pics when you get them! I didnt know that mammoet had a yard in cali. how new is that?

  4. #4Dualie2009-10-29 00:50

    Mammoet's yard in southern California has to be 5+ years old. I believe its in Santa Fe Springs, CA or that area

  5. #5JDOFMEMI2009-10-29 01:49

    Been longer than 5 years. More like 8 or 9. They bought out a company here. Forget the name now, but their equipment was blue. I have one of the old companies double drop deck machinery trailers from auction shortly after Mamoet bought the company. It already had a couple of small mammoth logos on it, and the name "Mammoet Western" I rarely see anything of theirs around here though. Then again, they probably stay near the port where the heavy lifting is.

  6. #6Dualie2009-10-29 01:54

    Man im starting to get old then. Seems like it hasnt been anywhere near that long.

  7. #7BigIron252009-10-29 18:15

    cool, i didnt know that. I thought they were all out of canada and the northeast and down in the mid south.

  8. #8Crane Op2009-10-29 20:22

    I had forgotten about Mammoet being in So. Cal. I'm not much of a fan of the Black & Red so seeing the Belgium blue was a nice change! Couldn't get any closer being a refinery and such (we all know how they are). The SPMTs are in a Lay down yard at the refinery dock side. They will assemble something (what i dont know, can't get a word out of anybody) then they will transport it to the Valero refinery. There's a 2250 w/ Maxer and I believe an 18000 (I heard 21000).. I believe Maxim has the contract for Valero. More info as it comes available!

  9. #9BigIron252009-10-30 20:48

    wow by the looks of those support blocks whatever they are assembling and transporting looks like it will be huge! so someone said 21000 and your assuming its an 18000 or you know its an 18000? I have never seen a 21000 in action before, just the pics Manitowoc has on thier website. Regardless 18000's are beasts too, as well as a 2250 with a Maxer attach.

  10. #10liebherr11602009-11-07 11:05

    They bare rent Crane Op ... Your Avatar ...your new ride ...whats that a 350 Grove ltm 1300 Leibherr ..In BIGGE color ..I'll bring coffee ...you just say the word ..:drinkup

  11. #11Midwestern4x42009-11-07 11:25

    Sarens has some cool ****. Hope to see more action. I will post a thread with some 18000 pictures today for ya guys.

  12. #12Crane Op2009-11-08 17:27

    Sarens & Rigging International actually joined forces a while back. Rigging International is only 20 minutes away from me. http://www.rigginginternational.com/news/news_item.asp?newsID=8 You can read more there.. I will start to see more Belgium blue around here as Sarens bids for more and more heavy haul/heavy lift jobs. Itsa Liebherr LTM-1220 5.2 :drinkup

  13. #13liebherr11602009-11-09 16:22

    IM wondering Think maybe Saren's and A.L.E maybe getting a little antsy with Mammoet running over North America almost unopposed ? Its a huge market to consider ...

  14. #14Crane Op2009-11-19 21:48

    Wouldn't surprise me at all! Mammoet could easily move in and take over, would it be a good thing? I guess we'll just have to wait and see. I read that Sarens is going to be opening a Heavy Haul/Heavy Lift/Rigging yard in Texas, so it wouldn't surprise me that Sarens saw the potential in opening up for business in the US/Canada market. Its going to be very interesting over the next couple of years to see Sarens around here.

  15. #15Cat 328d lcr2009-11-20 16:09

    Might be a 21000, All Crane was sending a 21000 out your way I heard in July

  16. #16liebherr11602009-11-20 21:02

    All Crane moved rapidly into Newfoundland with the prospect of the Hebron Project ..opening not one but two yards..theres a call there for 3500 men in the spring.. Mammoet is on their heels .. It has also been rumored that Capital Crane outta St John's, Newfoundland has been purchased or a controlling interest has been bought ..

  17. #17Cat 328d lcr2009-11-21 16:02

    The right one could very well be a 2250 with a max-er and a jib because of the triangle piece on top of the mast and if the one of the left might be a 21000 because of the tip

  18. #18larryo2009-12-02 18:57

    Can anyone help? I am looking for projects where Sarens and Rigging International worked together (in any capacity) since 2000, but before their merger. Any thoughts?

  19. #19larryo2009-12-09 19:39

    Still looking for anyone who can help with some research on Sarens and Rigging International. I am looking for the projects they worked together on prior to Sarens acquistion of Rigging this year.

  20. #20larryo2009-12-09 19:42

    Anyone?

  21. #21Impact2009-12-13 06:42

    I'd like to have one of those trailers. I don't have ANY use for it. But, they're cool.

  22. #22Billy Big Rig2009-12-31 18:17

    B-rag must be nervous I just finished a job over San Ophere Nuclear power plant , Bechtel was the contractor , Sarens the sub for the K-mag trailers for transportation of 700T generators, Sarens operator informed me that there is 10 freshly paved acres ready for four 1400 Liebherrs come January 2010 . Would make a very nice commute from Yorba Linda .

  23. #23Billy Big Rig2009-12-31 18:47

    Wanna give Belgium Blues 8800 Demag a try ! Got a chance to Operate Mammoets' M-21000 day shift Tesoro,wilmington Ca in 2007 for 5 months ,Nice machine aside from being difficult to mobilize, picked Reactor head 350T @ 100'Radius

  24. #24Billy Big Rig2009-12-31 18:53

    10 acers in Santa fe Srings !