Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

A little Christmas project…

watglen ยท 2009-12-24 12:28

Merry Christmas everyone! This time of year I usually make the time to do some of the things i really enjoy. One of those things if firing up the welder and laying some bead. This is my latest creation, a fuel tank. I couldn't find one used, so i built one. And it turned out real nice. I hope the picture loads...

Replies10
  1. #1cps2009-12-24 17:54

    Nice work. and Merry Christmas!

  2. #2heavylift2009-12-24 18:21

    maybe you guys will get a fab section for Christmas Nice job But where's the torch I need to open my present

  3. #3youngoperator2009-12-25 22:11

    nice job! looks good

  4. #4RobVG2009-12-26 01:28

    Very nice job. What gauge?

  5. #5watglen2009-12-26 06:36

    1/8th inch.

  6. #6DigDug2009-12-26 08:44

    Nice looking job. What do you figure the gallonage is?

  7. #7watglen2009-12-26 09:12

    It is 4'x3'x2' Should be around 150 imp gallons (680l) Enough to fully fuel my largest tractor. I have been using a 45 gallon drum, but the shape and weight made it awkward to handle, plus it was too small. Mostly i just like to build stuff, gotta luv a mig welder.

  8. #8TimHay2009-12-26 11:39

    Looks great , nice work

  9. #9MikeL062010-01-01 07:50

    I think now you need to make a big New Year project. Happy New Year.

  10. #10bill53622010-01-01 11:27

    Nice job looks like a good size tank, are you going to use if for stationary or mobile? What are you going to put in the tank, did you put any baffles. Keep up the good work and happy new year.