Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

A little tall!

Oversizeload ยท 2010-05-14 22:05

I was helping a crane and rigging company move a crushing/screening plant from one location to another on the same property. The only obsticle I had to deal with was a set of wires but I had a good 5 feet of clearance. any guesses on how tall this load was? The truck is 10'6" tall so im guessing at least 30'.

Replies8
  1. #1tonka2010-05-14 23:13

    Um wasnt that built to be towed? yeah 30 looks about right to me...

  2. #2Oversizeload2010-05-14 23:19

    I guess a long time ago it would have been towable. I moved the whole plant, it took 2 days. Point a to point b was only 200 feet but it was one of situations where you couldnt get there. It was about a 1/2 mile the way I had to go.

  3. #3tonka2010-05-14 23:31

    ahhh 10-4 short hop...

  4. #4Tiny2010-05-15 15:08

    That is worrisome to me.Out of all I drag ,Over height is the worst.That also being over your cab is scarey

  5. #5Dozerboy2010-05-28 19:09

    The real question is did you try and chain it down or let her ride? You probley should of put one of those airplane flags on top of it or at least a blinkie light.

  6. #6Oversizeload2010-05-28 19:13

    I chained it down(4). It was too wishy washy for me if ya know what I mean.

  7. #7Jumbo2010-12-22 18:31

    Why didn't you just have the utility drop the circuit? Around here, as long as the customers are not too many, it is not all that expensive to arrange an outage.

  8. #8big ben2011-08-06 08:04

    Thats as low as it goes?