Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

A lumber wagon would be an improvement on my F-650!

watglen ยท 2020-01-09 17:27

Hey Guys, I have new to me 2001 F-650. There isn't anything about this truck that I like, except the price. And its in too good of a shape to walk away from. We load it up pretty good with a gooseneck float, and the ride is punishing. Looking for recommendations on an air suspension conversion for medium duty trucks. Thank You

Replies2
  1. #1crane operator2020-01-09 17:58

    I've never owned a kelderman set up myself, but I grew up somewhat close to their welding shop, and all the farmers that had their stuff were happy with it. https://kelderman.com/shop/general-medium-duty-2-stage-rear-air-suspension

  2. #2watglen2020-01-09 20:55

    I checked that system out online. its an unusual setup. I should step back a little bit. I wonder whether I should focus on the front or rear axle to improve operator comfort.