Wanted to see if anyone is running a newer PX9 engine with Allison autos. Don't need jibber jabber about big liter engines. Just wanted to see who runs them and if they had advantages and what they disliked.
I've got both Px8s and 9s. Ive had nothing but problems with the 8,s and no problems with the 9,s ( better knock on wood). They are in Kenworth tandems with the Allison RDS 3400s. Have had no issues with the Transmissions. I haul gravel with them.
Do you consider that combination of engine, transmission, and chassis to be an efficient way to move rock. Overall cheaper cost of chassis and operation?
Well, in my area there are so many lakes that most of the roads are dead end, so I just can't use larger trucks. My payload is 14 ton, and the combo handles that well altho we don't have large hills to deal with either.