Hello Im wanting to buy my first skid steer for my company and have seen something I like at this dealership in Indiana I live in Washington state and hoped there was someone out there that can put me at ease that this place is legit? It's a ton of hard earnt money and I'd like to fly out and check this thing out but is there anyone that has dealt or purchased from them? Secondly-22' model Kubota skid with 350 hours on it for $32000 These are $65-ish today ...should I be concerned? Is salt use a huge factor? Thankyou so much for any help.
HeavyEquipmentForums Click on the link I posted and read that. there's a ton of equipment scam sites going around right now. If its too good of a price to be true, its a scam. If they need money wired before you come look, its a scam. Don't buy without looking, don't send money. Buy local at market value. There's no one out there selling equipment at 1/2 price. What true equipment dealer isn't going to know the value of the equipment they are selling? On the internet?
I'm definitely not buying online before I fly out there and see the thing… I've looked online and from what I can gather This place actually exists but I'm still not understanding why the machine is so cheap I told the guy on the phone can I fly out and take a look and that was all no problem but I'm hoping someone comes along. That is actually purchased from them for lives within the area… I really appreciate the help. I'm just feeling a bit blind out here in Washington… Can't seem to find anything close. I will attach the link below (MOD EDIT) I inquired about buying a 25 model on Tuesday and it was in the 65,000 area… Granted, this is three years older, but still didn't think it would be this cheap
Welcome to the Forums! Glad to have you. That's more than likely a scam site like Crane Op said. Scams like this are huge business stealing millions of dollars from unsuspecting buyers. Google map their address. I am removing the link here due to past issues we've had with scammers like this. They are more than likely not located in the US and can wreak havoc on a site with DOS attacks. This is how the scam works - Would you buy a snow plow in Alabama? Million dollar scam bilking those seeking heavy equipment Carl Bates with the Better Business Bureau said the scam has probably netted between $2 million and $3 million in the last six weeks. www.al.com Glad you came here first.
Don’t do it
I looked at a New Holland that loaded salt. Must have poured half of it back onto the machine. Very rusty, even in the cab. Of course, the toggle switch was set to "bypass" when i started it, and was testing it and when I switched it to normal, the whole thing ground to a halt.
So I had a few minutes and looked through the equipment on their site. If instead of looking at the equipment, look at the background of the pictures. None of the equipment pictures are taken on the same yard. They all have different building colors, different types of trees , some are obviously at dealerships, some in a auction house yard. Just ask yourself if they are at a real location, what are the odds that all the pictures are taken in different geographic locations. Most used dealers buy or trade in equipment, get it in their own yard, clean it up, take pictures, and list it for sale. None of their equipment pictures were taken in the same yard.
Yep - this. As soon as I saw the pics thought it was a scam. One JD CTL is sitting in front a green Deere dealer. Also I didn't see a pic of the ID plate. If someone is selling a piece of equipment online it better have a pic of the ID plate to establish legitimacy, at least for me anyways.
So really are people lined up here in this state of Wa wanting to purchase those things? How many outfits here selling them? Don't be afraid to wheel and deal, no reason ever to pay the first figure they throw at you.
I live in the area, but haven't been to their location. I know they do some consignment, that may explain the photos with different backgrounds. If I get a rain day this week, I could stop and take a look if you're still needing help.
While I would be worried, I wouldn’t write that deal off just yet. If the price is really too good to be true, it may be the machine was abused. I would definitely fly out, to check it out. Hopefully, someone on this site can check it out for you. The price is good, in my opinion but not unbelievable.
Buyer beware.
The only A&M equipment in Indiana I've been able to find is this auction company. https://www.machinerytrader.com/listings/search?ListingType=Auction Results&LocationID=350000077278&sort=15 I can't seem to find the listing you all are talking about either. I looked at every 30-35K Kubota SSL/CTL for sale in the state on Indiana most of them were from Herc Rents and none were $32K.
Oh man if you would do that for me I would be so incredibly grateful.... When I Google the address...it sure looks like a bunch of equipment ♂️
I've actually started to think the same... Machine looks clean as a whistle and that's the part of me that's not letting it go...what if it's not BS and I'm missing out ....im not sending a penny but really hoping 'eludemann' above would check it out ....now just genuine curiosity is killing me!
Show me one with these prices in WA and I'll be on my way
the other scam sites I have looked at the images and actually found them elsewhere, where they had stolen the images. I'm not doing that again, but if as @crane operator said the pictures were all different places, my money is on that.
Walk in with the $ and let them kick you out. I don't think construction is all that hot right now. So you may be surprised the deal you may run into. Or just look for a cheap older used clunker to get by with for a while. Could always have John C give it a good check out. I bet there is something out there for way less, and will give some good service for some years. And maybe not be brand picky. Just saw some Cats on Mach trader 16K ish. The deal with any advertised prices is that is all that is. The question is what will they end up taking for them? Wheel n deal, its similar to an auction, tell what youll pay and no deal walk out. I've got way better deals not at any auctions. 2007 Caterpillar 277B Skid Steer Loader – ENCLOSED CAB • 82HP - heavy equipment - by owner - sale - craigslist TOUGH, VERSATILE, AND BUILT TO LAST! This 2007 Caterpillar 277B skid steer is a contractor’s dream, packing 82HP turbocharged diesel power, an enclosed cab, and hydraulic quick coupler for endless... seattle.craigslist.org Wow ! since searching for those things I've learned that they are all priced at about the same price. And not many older units available, I guess the new ones are selling like the over priced pickup market. I cann't see a huge demand for them since it seems everyone is hanging on to their old stuff. When looking at equipment I want it broke before they spend huge $ on a rebuilt of this or that, and then try to recoup that cost, basically giving the machine for free.
Here is the farmer's yard address they are stealing. That's not an equipment sales yard. Here is the street view.
Good work SK. Looks like most farm yards around here, with stuff dating back to gran pa pa. Also looks to be in need of a scrap hauler.
Well I called.....the guy that answered was Indian... We can close this thread now
My former neighbors yard was worse than that but he lived there since the forties and brought stuff home from the dump. My current neighbor with only 10 acres has been there only 6 or 7 years and you'd swear he was trying to compete for the most junk in his yard. I'm not sure what the best way to compare it is. Pounds per acre maybe (?) and then he has his cattle in the same yard so you got cow pies to deal with too. Great atmosphere for his little kids.
Hopefully the next guy will find this thread. @Truck Shop it looks exactly like a farm that is no longer and just has the piles of precious junk to clean up. Perfect for stealing the identity of because no one's around there to complain if somebody shows up.
That is A&M Equipment. Problem is they only auction stuff and they don't have anything Kubota up for auction right now. That cool barn is in the background of most of their listings.
I don't know if I would have posted that.
I'm 99% certain this A&M is legit and scammers are piggybacking off the fact their website domain is no longer active.
I agree this thread needs to be closed. Glad you came here first and may this thread be a warning to others looking for used heavy equipment online that is priced almost too good to do their research and send no money unless they can put their hands on the iron. Agreed as well.