Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

nitrogen kit for old model of bobcat hydraulic hammer

Khanafsar ยท 2025-05-21 13:37

i have old bobcat hydraulic hummer, there is no plate on it but i believe it is 2500 bobcat jack hummer. i need to recharge it with nitrogen i have couple of kits but they do not fit, i need to find the right kit to recharge the hummer, what kit do i need to order?

Replies5
  1. #1davejo2025-05-21 21:21

    Get a Milton schraeder valve with 1/8 npt end. It will screw into the threads of the housing. Might need an adapter, memory is fuzzy... The nitrogen pressure will blow the valve that sits deep in the hole open to allow pressurization of the accumulator. The only problem is the schraeder will sit proud and is vulnerable to damage.

  2. #2wlhequipment2026-07-07 13:12

    Sorry to resurrect an older thread, but I have the same question. OP, did you install that valve? Davejo, once the charge is done, can that adaptor be removed and the original plug reinstalled? That plug doesn't look like it's 1/8 NPT, it looks more like 1/2 ORB.

  3. #3davejo2026-07-07 19:47

    Yes I think you could remove your custom adapter to install the plug after filling. One way to find out

  4. #4smifwal2026-07-07 20:55

    My hammers came with one of these and small nitrogen bottle https://www.homedepot.com/p/SKYSHALO-Hydraulic-N2-Accumulator-Charging-Kit-0-1420-PSI-Fill-Kit-with-Gauge-Hose-Valve-and-CGA580-Adapter-for-Machinery-YYCSTJ1YLB0OQCAAU001V0-250827/338363274

  5. #5wlhequipment2026-07-07 22:30

    I think I can make an adaptor to fill it on the lathe. The tool from Bobcat costs about $500, so I'm not going to spend a lifetime doing it, but I'll give it a go at least.