Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

A.m.i.c.s ?

Dodge07around ยท 2010-01-25 18:49

I've heard people in here talk about this...what exactly is this? Can it be done on a Cat 252B2 skid? And if not then is there anything to be done about the fairly slow reaction time on the dump of the bucket?

Replies4
  1. #1KSSS2010-01-25 20:17

    No. Amics is for the EH controlled machines. Yours is pilot controlled like the previous machines. I hear a lot guys wish they had their pilots back.

  2. #2Jim Dandy2010-01-25 21:01

    On my 2005 JD 332 I bought the machine from a dealer's rental fleet and when I got it the bucket curl (I think) was slower than all the rest of the functions. It ended up being a partially crimped hydraulic tube. So look for that on your machine. I am no mechanic but you might want to trace your lines back and see if you find a crimp. Good Luck

  3. #3Dodge07around2010-01-26 11:47

    Hey thanks good to know. I just got this Brand new Cat 252B2, its way nicer than the bobcats I was used to driving in the past where you'd be worn out by the end of the day. Cab and heat/ac. Yeah the pilot controls are way nice! Whats the EH machine compared to pilot controls?

  4. #4MXZ2010-01-26 20:11

    Drive by wire vs drive by oil.