2006 Fecon Bullhog brush cutter-74" width, used. What would this be valued at? I know its hard without knowing all the specs but it runs, not broken and the first half is all I know about it. Also is this a high-flow attach.? Anyway I found one at what I think is a smokin deal but was wondering what everyone thinks this could be worth on the low end. Thanks .
I would guess around 8k.
Really!! well I have found one that is under five grand at a no reserve auction. First thing tommrrow morning I have to call and find out more specs. on this and that will decide what I do. I am pretty excited about it.... Thanks!
It is a high flow attachment. Becareful. If it needs all new teeth that can be expensive. Your skid steer will need to have a ROC of atleast 2700 pounds and you need a min. 3000 psi and push about 37 gpm.
yeah those teeth are around 100 dollars or more a piece and on a bobcat head which feacon makes for them there are 30 teeth so 3,000 in just cutter teeth
Thanks for the info all. I ended up not getting it, just not comfortable not seein it before i buy it. Out of curiosity do they make a non high flow one? Approx. Cost? Now I know the high flow ones work great however this new skid I bought does not have high flow, I know a guy who has a non high flow one but its not fecon and his works fair for what he needs it for. I'm not into forestry I would only be using this prob twice a year maybe.
Look at the following site for a cutter that really works well. I operated one for three days last fall. Worked excellent and doesn't need much maintenance. This cutter uses carbide cutters similar to those used on small coldplaners. Tushogg was the name. They are made for skisteers & wheel loaders. Demolishes anything from small brush to large trees. (Made in the USA, too):usa http://www.tushogg.com/index_video.cfm
I have a Tushogg and it works great, but its a high flow attachment. Someone does make a low flow muclher, but the name escapes me at the moment. Considering what these cost twice a year probably wont pay for one even used. I can't imagine the performance of a low flow mulcher being anything to even consider, but I have never run one nor seen one in real life so maybe there better than it would appear. What makes mulchers work is speed and torque. 20 gpm just is not going to give you that, your CAT may not even make that much, I know that some models don't spec real well at the aux. hyd. You would be better off to call me and I run over and take care of the mulching for you.:drinkup
cutter This was a good deal, but it would not have worked on your machine, as stated you need a high flow machine to run a high flow attachment. What are you trying to cut? If its brush, you can get a bush hog to go on your machine. They work good, up to two inch pines. Whatever you get, make sure its matched to your machine
I wouldn't bother with a low flow cutter unless it was a rotary. If you go with a cutter head like a fecon or any other brand and find a low flow (I think Denis Cimaf may have one) you will need a lexan door insert upgrade to be safe in the cab. Low flow cutters can cut some stuff but if you get into anything big, you won't have the torque to keep the head moving. Even a barely high flow machine (30 gpm) will struggle when mulching but with finesse it is possible. I started off mulching years ago with a 30 gpm machine and did some pretty big jobs but it was frustrating to say the least.
Along with the proper flow required, certain pressure specs must also be maintained. A tired old machine not capable of generating and cooling a "minimum" of about 3000+ psi to the attachment would not deliver expected results.
Brush cutter value ??? Dodge07around, Good thing you passed on the Bullhog. Even if you had a BIG high flow machine 60" is all they can handle for the fixed tooth (Fecon style) Most important is what you will do with it. The other guys gave you some names, look up shredders , mulchers, Skid loader attachments,ect. "brushhound" L.A.California (Rockhound) (Vrismo) they make and market a lot of stuff, makes a 60" low flow flail "mower" "shredder" with a full cover top . You can mow grass, shred brush and small 1to 2" stuff pretty well. I have run them w no cab but if you raise the boom you can whack yourself. They spin away (opposite from forward rotation) from you,it helps. Hope this helps.:usa
Loftness has a standard flow version of the Timber Ax but thats allot of money to spend and not have the full performance. We have around 1000 hours on a CAT BR 172 Radial mower thats made by Timber Wolf and its been great. Below is a link to Timer Wolf. I would think you could find a used one for a good price and i doubt you would be disappointed with the performance of a standard flow mower. The other plus to a radial mower is if you hit concrete or other trash its not nearly as costly as making the same mistake with a carbide tooth mulcher. http://www.brushwolf.com/pages/modelpages/7200.html
The carbide tooth machines use the same C-4 cutters used on planers & small asphalt/concrete milling machines. We have used the Tushogg to knock down some rock surfaces without damage to the unit or the teeth.
We needed two machines on a job last year so we rented a Bobcat with the mulcher and after hitting some hidden concrete it knocked out $1000 in teeth but then again Bobcat is proud of its teeth. :Banghead I really like the Tushogg with the mixed teeth thats a good setup. I have a video on youtube of me taking out a tree during a demo with the Tushhogg on the CAT 289.