A neighbor of mine called me over this morning, his son poured in diesel in the def and def in the diesel. A 2019 John Deere and I checked it out, found this and asked whom did it. He was not too happy with his son whom did this. Now I have a have an expensive repair to do.We got it drained out good clean and parts replacement is next.I deal with the John Deere dealership which the shop I work for deals with. Good thing is son is going to learn his lesson on it. Know I will have to bring my scan tool home to do the regen which is a pain to do
As long as it wasn't started I'm sure a good flush and cleaning will be all it needs.
If the key was turned on, it will need everthing replaced. Lines, filter and housing, pump, rail, injectors, tank sender and stand pipe. If not they will have continuous issues. DEF side is an easy fix. Remember urea and water are a common rail system operating at 30-50000 psi worst enemy.
I personally would quote the job, get him to do insurance claim and make a nice profit towards new tools.
Tried to start it. Going to replace the lines,filter and housing ,pump, rail injectors, tank sender and stand pipe. My scan tool, a Texa will be used which is 3 years old. Doing it at his place and I have one top toolbox full of tools I keep in the back of a 1997 Chevy Silverado used as my yard truck parked inside. I did one at work for the same reason which the customer did same thing 3 weeks ago