Hello to everyone from Colorado Springs, Co. Well call me crazy { and my wife does } but I just bought 2 case 580 cks and a equipment trailer that has 2 10,000 lb. dually axles underneath the gooseneck. The question my wife has asked me is what I am going to do with them,,,,,, and my reply was I don't know, but it makes me happy when I look at them . All joking aside the one is in good shape and the other one does not go forward or reverse, so I hope I can find help here. The hyd. oil looks like coffee with alot of creamer. Water contaminant, and was told that might be why it does not move? I am working on cleaning it right now, it was sitting for a long time and needs alot of TLC. Well, I need to get back out there and roll around in the mud and grease again. nice to meet you all !!! Later Lovmyhoe
Welcome, sorry so late. There's a lot of case combo guys here. I'm sure someone has advice.
Welcome! Before you work on the transmission is the pinion yoke turning while it is in gear and not moving?
The hydraulic oil has nothing to do with the transmission. Does it have a clutch ?
I am sorry that I have not been on here for a long time, I am fighting some medical issues and have been distracted by it. I am humbled by your helpfulness. Ok, now Tinkerer you said that hydraulic oil has nothing to do with the tranny. The tractor I have is a diesel and I was under the impression that the power shuttle directs oil to the forward or reverse clutch packs to move the tractor. Yes, I do realize hyd. oil and transmission are two separate items. My terminology is not as accurate as it should be. When I changed out the hyd. oil and filter the tractor did move forward and reverse. I am enclosing some pictures of missing brake parts, cause it would be nice to have brakes and maybe someone might know where I could buy the parts that are missing.
Case had some pretty decent parts diagrams on the net could easily access, just have to be patient and read the page titles to find what is needed. As to parts being just S of Denver will be access to Case Dealer for hard to find used stuff, may even know of scrap yards that part them out near you, may try General Gear in ID or go on Equipment Trader under a parts search and enter numbers off the case site. BTW, Welcome
DMiller thank-you very much I will try these places and I do appreciate your response. Good people make the world a better place.
No need for apology's lovemy hoe ! I'm sorry about your health issues. I hope you get well soon. There is forum search function at the top of the page. Search 580CK brakes and confine the search to the tractor/loader/backhoe section. Your brake repair has some threads that go into great detail. Do you have a service manual for your 580CK ? I would recommend you contact Dale Wiess at http://e-backhoeparts.com/ for any parts you need. Dale has been going through some health issues for quite sometime and may not be in his office if you try to contact him. His sister, Debbie is there nearly everyday and knows a lot about parts.
Thank-You sooo very much Tinkerer I really do appreciate your help and the time you have given me. I do not take lightly a persons time because it is valuable and limited. I do have a manual and I will contact Dale and Debbie. May GOD Bless you. lovemyhoe Richard
Welcome to the forum. Your wife will come around once you get the better of the two machines all cleaned up and ready to work, or look at. Also never a bad idea to buy a complete parts machine at the same time. The equipment trailer may be a problem though, you could end up with another machine before you know it. I found this site but didn't get a chance to look through every page. You may be able to find some used parts for your brake system. Call Dale first like Tinkerer said above, He is the go to guy for parts and info on these old dinosaur machines.
Thank-You for your input, I really do appreciate your time. I have been fighting squamous cell carcinoma now for awhile so I have not had the time to check this site, I do apologize for not replying sooner. When I get time I will look up these sites. Blessings Richard lovemyhoe