I just bought an Ingersol Rand 2025MAX impact ratchet the other day. WOW.... MIKEY LIKES IT:woohoo Pretty cool little tool. It pretty well paid itself off on its very first job. Fast and lots of power with no reaction. Over the years I have had to replace many a air tool and my old reliable 3/8 air ratchet was next on the list, not working very well at all any more. One of my buddies bought the 3/8 version and loved it so I bought the 1/2 drive version. First job was to replace the fan motor on a Hitachi EX450D. Not a fun job. Plugged the new toy into the air and it never came off the whole night. Never swapped to a regular impact for the whole job Yup, I like it
I've seen those in catalogs, wondered how well they worked. May have to get me one....
I have touched them on the parts mans counter but never seen one in use, I will buy one the next time I sit down and replace tools.....thanks for the info TIO
Well, I was away on holidays for a few weeks, back to the grind last week. Have been playing with the new toy and yes I really really like it. The more I use it the more I like it. At 180 ft/lbs it works really good for the smaller jobs where you don't need the power of the 1/2 impact and because of the shape it fits in places where a gun just will not go. With the reverser on the handle instead of the head like an air ratchet, if you are in a tight spot and go down to far on the nut, you can run it back up and get the tool out of the way. Did that more then once with an air ratchet then couldn't get the darn tool off and the reverser was under the head of the ratchet stuck against something so you could not get your finger in to change direction. Oops. Yup, so far I would give it an A+. The real bonus was the parts store that I was dealing with want the company I work for to give them more business so they have told all the mechanics that they will give us a good deal on tools and parts etc as long as the company is dealing with them. I got it for a screaming deal. (At least in my part of the world it was a deal. I won't go into pricing because that can change sooooo much depending where you are.) Lets just say that I did better then anything I could find on the internet in Canada.
done! ordered off ebay will wait for it to show up and give a review, went 1/2" also...............TIO
she showed up yesterday, used her all day today, very nice. I was surprised I was thinking air ratchet every time I went to use it and instead I was using an impact wrench. Took the floor boards out of a D7H it fit around all the heel supports which my impact gun would not have and if I had used my air ratchet I would have had to break all the bolts loose first. Then I replaced some flex pipe and clamps under the cab of a kenworth and it worked well there to. The length was handy, didn't have to break the fasteners loose first, and didn't have to get my 1/2" gun out either torqued everything up in one step. Then I pre tightened the nuts on a the D7H cutting edges. the long handle was nicer to use than the gun would have been. A must is going to be about a 2' by 3/8" air whip hose, I put these on all of my air tools, just need to get to NAPA to get one built........................TIO
Glad you like. The more I use mine the more I like it. Did a job tonight that I couldn't get the impact into. Broke the 3/4 bolts loose with a breaker bar the out came the hammer head and zip, bolts out. A great tool. Now if they could make a 3/4" version with about 500 ft/lbs torque. Hmmmmmm.
http://www.impactwrenches.com/ecom/product/307/2938/
Okay, so now there is another tool that I want. Didn't even know that they made them. This monster looks like it could do some serious work. BUT The price
I got an e-mail from tooltopia ( www.tooltopia.com ) that they were having a limited time sale on all their IR tools. The 2025MAX is under $250 which is better than most E-Bay pricing.