We are trying to get 500,000 yards moved before the years end. I quess you could say we are kinda like the Postman-niether rain, sleet or snow will keep us down! Took these today at shift change. Thank Goodness it quit about 3 hours into the night shift!
awesome pics man...i L O V E snow!!!
How many yards are you moving in a 24 hr period?
Sweet pics... only way it would look cooler (sorry thats not a pun), is if the lights were on. How come the 6 doesn't have it's GPS on?
We are only working two 8 hour shifts, but in those 16 hours we are moving anywhere from 18,500 yards to 21,000. Just depends on how hard the digging is and as you can tell, how much snow we get!! We've been at it since Oct. 25, so we are WAY ahead of things, which is the only way we roll!! This is just gravy now. Jason
I dont know why the hoe skinner and cat skinner didnt have thier lights on. That would've looked cooler!! We dont have the recievers on the 6 cause we are nowhere from grade. Still got about 50' to go down. We havent even hit the catch points on the 3:1 slope yet. Mabey after we get back from Christmas break! We use the 6 mostly to just push of the stockpile where we are wasting the muck. The skinner came up this time cause the 834 with the B-G was down cause of gelled fuel. (imiange that at 3 degrees) I'll get some pictures of canyon we filling in tomarrow for you guys. Jason
Makes sense to me, I'm not sure if it's just the way we do things or if we just don't always have 50+ foot cuts, but it's really rare when we don't put the receivers on. Hey, its the whole tomato tom-at-o thing I guess?:beatsme:drinkup haha. What's the avg. production with that 5110 and 60-ton? trucks? Thanks for sharing and keep the photos coming!
so whee is this job at in oregon??????
We are in Arlington at the Waste Management landfill.
So you're right across the river from that big dump over there in Roosevelt then huh?
ok i know where that is who do you work for? i know L&H grading hard the digging contract there for a long time but i heard they lost it to a company from Hermiston ?
Awesome photos, always somthing neat about "weather" pics. Kinda adds something extra to the photo. Good luck getting it done with this winter yet. Trbo
My supe called me at 9 this morning and asked if I would come in and help move snow. SORRY I FORGOT MY CAMERA! Will take it tomarrow. We shut the day shift off at noon,I called the night crew and said no go. Laid them all off. We are gonna try a shift tomarrow. I have to go in at 6! I havent gotten up before 9 in two months. If we cant do it tomarrow, we will be back after the New Year. WE MADE OUR YARDAGE!! Then we will have another 1.1 million yards to move. Cant wait. I will try to keep some pics coming.
We tried to work again today. Made it three hours, and then the drivers were complaining about it being to slick. We called it. Try again next year.Heres some pics from today.
Nice pic's Oh the old Slick excuse. The big downtime excuse here is ... heater problem's