Well boys I can finally post here, so I thought I'd throw up some pictures of our current job. Its going to be a Kellog's warehouse, just off of RT 81 in northeast PA. When we arrived on Nov. 20th we started removing the 40 some acres of stumps... a long process! We're workin our butts off to meet a deadline of delivering the building pad by Dec 22nd! So without delay here are some pictures..... Stumping with a Deere 120,350 and Cat 345 and building mulch berms with a 963.....
Mulch Berms....
Starting to strip "topsoil". Not much of that here. Its all rootmat and boulders. The D6 and D8 were having fun digging out rocks. The 345 is loading the volvos..... and I managed to break the windsheild in my 953....
what company you work for?
Schlouch Inc. out of Blandon, PA. You can see our logo on the arm of the 963. Do you go to Penn Tech in Williamsport? I have a few buddies that go to school up there.
nope...Penn State in State College...i will be graduating come May
About two weeks ago, I did the same. I was digging slab rock and piling it up to load it out on the artic. I flipped a large slab of rock about 18" thick and 12' around over to break it in half and a small piece went projectile..... well ya'll know the rest of the story.......:Banghead Even using the local glass company it's expensive. BTW - welcome to the forums!:drinkup
Welcome to the forms Wilhelm! Is that 345 a Mass exc (more pics of it please). Is this job in the Higridge Industrial park? I think I know where it is then, I grew up not too far north (er west) of there. How long have you worked for Schlouch?
Dirt digger - I also have a few friends / family that go to Penn State main. I go up every now and then to watch a football game. Crazy town.... CM1995 - I was loading mulch when a frozen clump dropped off the back of the bucket and smacked the glass. No matter how careful you try to be, accidents always happen I guess. JimBruce - It is a ME. Its our first true ME, still pretty new. I got the chance to run it a little the other day, its a very impressive machine. We've started the bulk dirt work but I havn't gotten the chance to get any pictures. I'll try to get some for you. I've be with Schlouch now for a little over 3 years. What town did you grow up in? Thanks for the welcome!
Bryan, I grew up in Bloomsburg, which is about 45 minutes from rt.901 and I-81. Did you go to Penn College as well or just have friends that did? The ME's are nice as long as you don't need the reach, is Schlouch plannin on putting GPS on it? We have a lot less 345me's in our fleet now then when I started... but that's the way the cookie crumbles sometimes i guess :beatsme: I didn't realize (or perhaps forgot) that you guys do your own clearing and grubbing
Hey Wilhelm, Nice pictures.I am going to Heavy equipment training at LCTI in Schnecksville. One of the instructors works for Schlouch.I think his name is Deryl. Seems like a good company to work for.
Ah Yes I know right where Bloomsburg is. Small world. Who do you work for? Meyers? H&K? I doubt that we will be putting GPS on the 345. I don't think we do enough mass bulk excavation for the GPS on a hoe. For now its just a dozer and rover thing for us. We do some clearing / grubbing, but not in mass. We usually sub Giroux for that. For this job the GC had the clearing done, but left all the stumps and mulch for us. What a mess. Also they forgot about 3 acres that I needed to clear with a 120 and 953. What fun that was ointhead Mike - Yes I know Deryl well. We call him Baloo. I just got done working with him for 3 months in New York. Good guy, little crazy at times. ha ha
Bryan, Yeah, I work for AAM, living with my fiance near Coatesville now, when we get a house I'd like to get out in the country a little more, Bloom is a little far a commute for me though, LOL. Small world indeed, :usa: How much cut/fill you got on that job?
Coatsville! Living there long? Any chance you know of Wonmanog Kennels? My one close friend owned / operated it, unfortunatly it shut down about a year ago. The site is on the side of the mountain, so there are some pretty hefty C/F's to equal it all out. The grades at the building bad went from F - 1' to C - 15'. I know where we are building the pond we had fills around 20 + feet. I will try and get some more pictures as soon as we get back to work. This rain is a real killer....
Bryan, where exactly is this job. I live in Dallas, which is 10 minutes from Wilkes-Barre. I see some snow, so I imagine that you are north of me. Do you know Mark Smith?? He runs a Cat 330 on a pipe crew for Schlouch. He has been there about 6-7 yrs.
Rino - Sure I know Mark! He's dug for us a few times, and I've worked with his crew quite a bit. Actually his crew will probably be coming up with us to this job. This job is at the Highridge Industrial park at RT 81 and 901 by Minersville. The snow shots were from about 2 weeks ago.
i have heard of them...I am from west chester but work in the unionville area...a lot of our jobs are in coatesville
If you see Mark, tell him that you talked to me. My name is Jason. He is from my hometown and we went to school together. I am about 1 hr north of you. I belive that is near where Popple did that Wegmans warehouse. Can you see the project from 81 ?? I will be traveling past that way tomorrow to Grantville to a Alex Lyon's auction.
I will definatly deliver the message to Mark. The job is directly across from Wegmans. You won't be able to see it from 81, but if you get off at 901 and go back into the park you can see what we're up to. Grantville huh, my sister lives there! Small world indeed.....
I go to Penn College Wilhelm......I just graduated from equipment operations this semester. Nice pics tho
good luck with that rock I worked up in that highridge park putting in the sears building. your blaster better be good.. hey popcorn look like we got some more PC boys on HEF
Wilhelm to tell you the truth I had never really heard of Schlouch Inc. until today... i was down at the Ritchie Brothers sale in North East MD and you guys sure had A LOT of stuff go up on the chopping block it went cheap too...but then again everything was...if anyone wanted a Deere 350 with 1100hours on it for $110,000 or a D8 for $70,000 or even 953/963's for $20,000 today was the day....i have never seen equipment go so cheap
Hey Wilhem... looks like this week's gonna be a wash out (or maybe you're far enough north... a whiteout) too... Keep your feet warm and dry :drinkup
digger, when is ritchie's next sale?
tomorrow they are selling a whole mess of trucks...tri-axles, tandems, flatbeds, pickups...you name it then the next one down there is sometime in early April
I wish I would have known, I was there also. Did you see that '06 Case 210 with 900 hrs go for $55,000. Will you go to the auction in April ?? We go to all 4 of them every year.
Update! Hey guys got a few more photos for ya along with a little update. We've been working like crazy trying to get this building pad done. The general contractor wants us to work magic on the rocks and mud....:Banghead but we're getting somewhere... Some pics of the 345.....
More of the 345...
Ready to work.... Stoning the pad.
i might make it to the April one... Brubacher had quite a few pieces there too, they were more older stuff but this Schlouch company had a few nicer 53's there and a few dozers if i recall
Nice pics again Bryan, That 345 looks sweet! What size Volvo's are those ADT's?
Jim - they are 35 tonners. The 345 is a very nice machine. Wish I could get a little more time on it!
Nice pics How come the clearing company didn't take care of the stumps? Around here thats what "clearing" means. What do you do with the stumps once you dig them out? Aren't they kinda hard to dispose of other then putting them in a hole? You race quads? I have a Z400 myself, setup for trail riding.
Not sure why the grubbers didn't take the stumps. I guess the General Contractor didn't want to pay them for it.:beatsme We will eventually be getting a tub grinder in to grind up all the remaining stumps and brush. Not sure what we're doing with the mulch. Probably mixing it with the "topsoil". I do race quads, District 6 mx mostly. I'll have a new YFZ450R as soon as it gets deliverd to the dealer!
Brubacher usually has stuff there all the time. From what I recall, Schlouch had 2 A40D's, 315C, 330C and a Cat backhoe. When April comes near, I'll hit you up. Jason
they also had one or two 953's...but i don't want to hi-jack this thread with auction talk
hey bryan got any update of this job?
Sorry no current updates. I have only worked one day since Christmas. The job is a complete mess between all the rain, and the frost thawing and refreezing. Hopefully an update within the next week!
I'll say... I tried to stop and see the job on my way to Bloom on New Years and I didn't even risk it, Since I didn't have my boots and we were in the lil' lady's car, I figured she'd be a little upset with me if I drug mud into it ointhead