Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

A question about battery for John Deere 35G

Island-digger ยท 2023-10-12 19:34

I have a John Deere 35G excavator and I would like to get a new battery for it. Does anyone know what specs I should ask for and what type of battery I should get. I am aware of the the Strongbox brand that John Deere seems to use but it seems like I should be able to source it on my own. Just want to make sure I get the right one. Any advice on getting a new battery is appreciated. Thanks in advance

Replies4
  1. #1Diesel Dave2023-10-12 20:21

    12 Volt Battery,40 Ah, 425 CCA, 51 BCI . If you can get a higher CCA # (cold cranking amps) even better !

  2. #2Island-digger2023-10-12 20:42

    Thank you Diesel Dave. Do I just get a lead acid battery? Does it need to be heavy duty or anything like that?

  3. #3Delmer2023-10-12 23:17

    The JD will be one of the better ones if you want best or longest lasting. If you want something that will fit, probably half the ones at walmart will fit and start fine. If there was room, a group 31 is the most common heavy duty battery and will last longer than the smaller ones. That's a small battery physically and CCA, so easy to replace if there's room, which is probably the limit.

  4. #4Island-digger2023-10-13 10:20

    Thank you Delmer.