Hello Everyone, I want to help your grading business make more profit, provide a higher quality of work, and provide a better work environment for operators. Here is the 30 year old tried and true product: SharqEdges - Video link below Video: SharqEdges New Blade System in USA Feel free to email me with questions I would like to learn more about your operation and if I can help build your business with SharqEdges. Email removed at member's request
Interesting system.
Exactly what I said the first time I saw it
Looks very interesting, i have seen this video weeks ago, i have forgot to post it here. Here another video I have find: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXU2eagdZ0Q
Yes that is another video for the product, a little dated but still the same thing!
Do you have any running north of the twin cites? and what does it cost to set up a 14 ft moldboard
I would have no use for the swiss cheese blade, as I do a lot of road shouldering on new asphalt, and I think it would mark it up pretty good, but the video only shows the machine grading loose material. How would the non perforated blade handle hard packed ground. I have done haul roads that have worn a regular cuttin edge to the mold board in less than 10 hours of grading.
Yes I do, Silver Creek Township in Annandale, Crow Wing County in Brainerd, Cass County Walker,MN, Clearwater County in Bagley,MN, Polk County in Crookston,MN. Wilkin and Mahnomen will have sets next week. The product has been in Minnesota for just over two months. Send me an email [email protected] and I will get you info on our demo program. Mounting board fee is waived and blades start at $25/ft and end at $60/ft.
Haul road I worked for an asphalt company haul roads get beat up bad! After reading your post one thing came to mind Down Pressure, the sharq system runs at a 55-70 degree angle (moldboard pitched all the way back to start). This allows for the thinner edge to enter the earth much easier and self draft the machine. The goal is to eliminate down pressure from hydraulics. This makes sharq ideal for pavement related jobs, or removing snow and ice on tar. Our flat blade is the same width as the p300 but is solid. Would cut just as good run it the same way, we suggest this blade to our customers who pull shoulders in the spring. I hope that helps a bit, Sharq has been in Canada for 10-15 years. As far as wear life on a haul road Sharq has the advantage a flat is 600 Brinell Steel, combined with running it to make it less resistant would give you a longer wear life plus added fuel savings over standard blade.
So Rockyview County (Alberta|) has already tried these then? I don't think they'd be suitable for us here, but knowledge of what's available is always good. But yeah, anybody that has to deal with hot mix, cold mix, warm mix, calcium, any MC dust control product, soil cement, or clay is at some time or another going to be digging chunks off to get wedges out. Taking those quick-change backboards off to do a quick job wouldn.t be that handy I guess.
Fatgraderman Thanks for the input, about who has tried them in Canada I am unsure. The places I named were all Minnesota. I do not represent Sharq in Canada. I only know it has been there for some time. But I can direct you to the dealer. The point you make about sticky material building up is very logical. If I were selling a set to some one who was dealing with asphalt or similiar I would suggest reversing the pin and wedging on the back side of moldboard. You can also bolt them as well. The quick change capability is only one part of the Sharq system. In my opinion a secondary part, the main parts are extended wear life, a thinner design that outcuts the industry, finally this thin profile paired with the cutting angles creates fuel savings that can pay for the edges. That is such an important advantage. There will always be a situation that is not ideal, but when you see the big picture with the other benefits that your getting all the time it's not only exciting but reassuring that you have the best tool.
The youtube video referred to "Rockyview". I wondered if that was Rockyview County just north of Calgary AB. I didn't realize that the system could be reversed. That would make more sense in applications where the material will be hardening up. Also make more sense when dealing with Pitrun.
Yes some of those videos are from Canada so you are correct
Have used these here in Western Australia through all types of ground sand ,rock ,gravel ,rail ballast do quite a good job advantage being able to change sections around to maintain a strait edge they wear quite well but suffer in hard clay ground also use sandvic system 2000 which do well and never change for the life of the cutting tips
Pedrocar, Thanks for the information, hows the weather over there in Australia? It is 20 degrees here in Minnesota. The ability to keep a straight edge is a major advantage, and also to use the entire cutting edge with only 2 inches of the blade left when done. Typically it is put on somewhere wear steel is needed so entire blade is used. Sharq gets compared to sandvic a lot, it is a popular system here too. We believe there is a place for everything, but when we must compete with Sandvic we talk about cutting area. Once you get past the slender tips of the bit on a Sandvic system you are using quite a bit of force and gas to cut, secondly those bits are not cheap and usually need 50-64 of them, last but not least the P300 in our opinion does a better job of mixing material so that your fines are nicely distributed to provide a great pack and not have to work on that road as often and provides a superior driving experience for travelers. Again I really appreciate the information and I respect your opinion because only you know what works for you, where you work! Thanks
Hi Sharq Attack weathers been quite cool for summer should be around 40 - 45 c 105 -114 f but been getting around 30c- 86f sharq edges do a good job with the work we do we get around 450 to 500 km out of a set working on 3over 4 back but the rocks can take their toll breaking the corner tips off ,like sandvic the fines left and the grooves which retain water instead of flowing off the surface make for a nice surface and nice job
Thats great to hear, your rocks must put up a really good challenge. Great to hear how things are down under!
I'm running those blades now.The swiss cheese blades are ok for cutting, but when feathering out the material some of the small rocks won't roll off, leaving streaks on the road. I've tried every angle/tilt. On a road with no rocks example crushed gravel then they work beautiful. Also have to be careful grading over rocks/ledge etc as the points of the blade will bend. Love the straight blades..easy to change/lower/flip over. Do this by myself easily in no time.
Grader4me, Great to hear the feedback, maybe its different conditions but the P300 (Swiss Cheese Blade) is always our best cutter in MN, IA, and SD. But as we all know everyones terrain is different! Glad that the system is working for you, the angle to cut best is always 55 - 70 degrees thats what keeps your edge sharpened and going the right way. I am interested what kind of fuel savings are you seeing? What did you run before for blades? Thanks!
With the P300 i find that some of the stones catch between the teeth and drag along leaving gouges when feathering out loose material, and thats the only issue I have with them. I've run serrated blades, sandvics, etc. When I started with this job I'm on now this blade system was already installed on the 12 m so I really can't compare on the fuel savings. All in all it is a great setup tho. I also have that tool shown in the video for removing the wedges..works great
Very happy they are working for you Grader4me, yeah I also like the tool for removing makes it much easier and faster. Best of luck to you
I'm using theses edges right now and all I can say is good about them I'm using the p300 they leave a very good finshed product after working your road,they cut pot holes and washboards out very easily I used to blade in 4th gear all the time now with the sharq edges I run 5th at 1200rpms and am saving 3 gallons of fuel an hour heres a few pics of the blades and the finished product you have after cutting and relaying your road
There is another high quality option for this style of edge. Borox BluSteel is producing high quality quick change edges that use the Scandinavian wedge mount system. A lot of the edge profiles they offer are up to 1.5" taller than that of Sharq, so you are getting more steel. In this style of cutting edge system that extra steel is all usable steel because you burn both ends of the blade. This is a huge difference that should be considered when pricing these edges out on a per foot cost basis. I would be happy to answer any questions about the Borox BluSteel Grader Blade System.