This gem was at Armstrong tractor Steam event last weekend.
Hank, thats some load of logs on that Kenworth in your album - That'd tear a few house services down around here!
Thanks Mike, I post 98% of my pictures in Forestry and they come up correct. Saunders Hauling, Friell Lake logging and Pacific Logging trucks great pictures there. HankR
hank do you have any service truck pics? I have started collecting for my own use. seems like im the only person that likes the old service trucks.. even when they started out using the cars that had jib poles out of the trunk..LOL how things have changed in the last 80 years!! BTW you have some great pics
I may have a couple, not sure just thinking maybe a 1948 Fargo comes to mind, If I do I can send to you.
The only one I could find is this 1949 Fargo, service truck with winch and Gin poles, note out riggers at rear of truck.
I've seen a simler Cat version,looked to be from the 30's. Any idea of the maker of the crawler? All around it's a neat era for add on attachments for the tractors of that time.
That body is surprisingly modern looking, thanks, Hank No, FService, you are not alone, I wish you'd start a thread to show off your collection.
Thanks Hank that's a very cool looking old truck there. I didn't have a pic of a Fargo truck.
Here in Canada Dodge and Fargo are all most the same, like Chev and GNC.
I remember Canfor at beaver Cove on Vancouver Island had these dodge power wagons for welding trucks.Old narrow hood units with Lincoln welders that had been converted from electric to gas drive ,with a steel roof on 4 posts built over it.The welder took up the whole back end of the truck,along with a set of torches and a grinder .That was a welding truck of the day,primitive but bullet proof.Antone remember these or have pictures?