Can you guys help me identify this tractor? Any ideas?
Take a stab at Caterpillar Diesel 35. http://www.bing.com/images/search?q...0E4F3EE835A099CF68A4C4C48521&selectedIndex=19
So it looks like it. He says he has the hard nose for it. That should help me id it Think it's worth $500's?
Yair . . . Goodone ianoz , I think you're on the money, particularly going by the idler set up . . . interesting blade lift arrangement. I have never seen that before . . . I wonder was it a one off by a pervious owner? Cheers.
If I end up getting it I'll post more pictures. He also has a two ton that I want to get too
Think this one is worth 750-1k?
If you can get a serial number from it my serial number book can Should ID to the year manufactured.
Mate , here in Australia , You would get knocked over in the stampede of buyers willing to pay that little for a machine But , It is Missing a lot of hard to find parts . Before some one shoots me down on the tractor ID of the first machine . I got it wrong ,It is not a Diesel 35 .As the 35 , 40 and RD6 models were all 3 cylinder , Which that machine is clearly not. My friend I showed the photos to , thought maybe a gas 28 . If you find the serial number ,that would help with IDing it correctly .
Any ideas on locations for the tags on either?
As for the blade arrangement you have to remember than back in the day the tractor was made by cat in this case but baker, laplant choate, Letourneau, Bucyrus erie and others made the blade arrangements for the tractors. Looking at that blade arrangement, I'm guessing that its a laplant choate from an other one that ive seen.
I'd say it's a Cat 40, 4 cylinder gas, the fuel tank has the same tie downs and the covers on the slack adjusters look a whole lot alike: http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/F...erpillar'_Forty_Tractor."_-_NARA_-_282478.jpg And here's one with a picture of the point where the blade attaches, the plates look a lot alike to me: https://www.flickr.com/photos/petespics02/5868886452/
Possible serial number location If there is not a serial number on the back left side there should be one on the left side of the engine block toward the back. Left as when sitting on the seat. The tags are often gone but it is also usually stamped into the casting at both locations.
Id say its a R5, could be a Gas 35 or 40, definitely a gas engine because of the valve cover & engine breather etc, R5 S# starts with 4H, Ken
Looking at it it only looks to weigh about 10k ish if I had to guess. I'm gonna call the guy in the morning and try to make a deal for both. Prob be several days before I could get to pick them up.
Goin to pick them up this weekend or next week. Will get more info as soon as I get them
DW, The Serial # should be at the left front of the engine just below the oil filler & crankcase breather,also at the back of the machine left hand side just below the seat back on the main case
Thanks. When I get back to them I will look for them.
1934 gas 35. Emsco blade with m.p. McCaffrey pulley setup. Serial 5c862. The 2ton I didn't get a chance to get the number I will tommorow thi.
Won't let me edit it. I meant 1933 Iirc the 2ton serial started 75. So it is a 27-28 model
1934 production started at 5C1365. The 1933 production run on the Cat Gas 35s went from 5C853 to 5C1364. Looks like you got the ninth one built in 1933. Oops, looked like you were posting while. I was looking it up.
Yeah my mind saw one thing and my fingers typed another. Got some history on it too. Had an old county badge outline on it. Did a lot of work in the valley. The 2ton was running when parked but a thief stole the carb and any other parts missing on it.
Anything special about this machine with the blade and stuff?
The 2ton is 75239. It currently doesn't roll any ideas how to free it up or how to get it into neutral?
Are you saying you can not get it put of gear. Or are the tracks or brakes froze. Try tying both steering clutches back and pull it. Go back and forth trying both ways. If you have a big wnough horse they often will break free by dragging them around slidding. If the tranny is holding and the steering clutches are not stuck it should roll fine with the clutches released. Do the tracks move up and down when pried with a bar. They sometimes rust up solid when parked for a long time. If not take a beater to them. Not sure on a 22 but on the D2s and D4s it is common to fill the brake/ steering clutch housing with diesel fuel and let it soak to attempt to free the brakes. Might have to put a plug in the bottom to do so. Over on the ACMOC forum there are tons of posts on stuck tracks, brakes, and steering clutches and how they got them free. Good luck and keep us posted. By the way, your 2 Ton is a 1927
I'm assuming the left pedal is clutch. I can push that in bit the steering lever doesn't move at all. I just joined over there too and posted their.