Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

A real track loader

malcolm ยท 2010-07-03 23:23

Hi guys how about a 12 hour day in either of these

Replies18
  1. #1Aussie Broker2010-07-04 06:50

    Great Pics.... Where is the air seat?

  2. #2Monte12552010-07-04 09:00

    yup that would make for a few aches at the end of the day! but still better than diggin by hand.

  3. #3Greg2010-07-04 18:13

    What kind are they and when were they built?

  4. #4Burnout2010-07-04 21:38

    How about..... No

  5. #5alco2010-07-04 22:54

    Awwww.....poor little guy couldn't handle it......lol.

  6. #6JDOFMEMI2010-07-05 00:01

    Well, at the time they were used, they beat the next best thing. I like the first one, and would like to see it in action. Drive forward to load, back up straight to the truck, and dump over the back. Hope the roof holds up good. 12 hrs on one of them would still beat 12 hours with a shovel, but it should make us all appreciate the modern gear that much more.

  7. #7Burnout2010-07-05 12:12

    I may be little but im wide.

  8. #8tuney4432010-07-05 12:36

    The top one I'm quite sure is a Cletrac--my Dad said he used to own one and he said it was always very hairy having that bucket pass over you,but it would save on time.This comes from an era when men were men and sheep were nervous.

  9. #9mikesheldon2010-07-23 06:19

    How do this stuff works men?....

  10. #10daman2010-07-23 10:13

    I don't know i think one would be just as soar throwing levers on that old dinosaur! lol

  11. #11Taylortractornu2010-08-14 21:07

    Top one is an old Eimco over loader with the rocker type arms. the bottom I think is a Cat tractor with a hyster shovel attachment. My neighbor had an old Hyster unit to fit a D7 with a Dragline attachment and it also had provisions for a shovel and hoe. I cant remeber the power unit on the Eimco later units were eimco that one is either a Cat or AC unit. The Cletrac your father ran was probably equiped with a Sargent overloader. They had a lower bucket with a trap door at the bottom. The Cletrac also had a wheel under the nose of the tractor.

  12. #12cummins052010-08-15 00:07

    Alex runs to finning for a new machine when his track loader gets dirty Never mind having a machine that didnt offer air cond as a std feature LMAO

  13. #13willie592010-08-15 00:21

    Oh man, that's just plain mean to your hometown boy. bah ha ha ha

  14. #14Burnout2010-08-15 00:34

    But its true. I like new car smell.

  15. #15CM19952010-08-15 01:54

    I'm kinda partial to it myself.:beerchug

  16. #16Monte12552010-08-15 09:24

    new car smell ha ha.......must stink like five more years of heavy debt!......

  17. #17BarnStarFarm2010-08-15 09:46

    Much cheaper alternative... http://www.lanescarproducts.com/newcarscent.html

  18. #18qball2010-08-15 23:13

    mr burnout, i pray you find yourself on a 977h for a season.