Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

A REAL Tractor Pull

Stump Knocker · 2013-12-07 12:03

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=FLQhvruimfs STUMP KNOCKER

Replies15
  1. #1mitch5042013-12-07 13:54

    Wow, that surprised me, though I guess it shouldn't, look at the weight.

  2. #2maddog2013-12-07 14:34

    Great

  3. #3Steve Frazier2013-12-07 15:55

    That looked like a Cat 3208 in that Deere. Were they available from the factory with that?

  4. #4712alberta2013-12-07 19:59

    I'd think that there'd be a cheeper way to dig trenches.

  5. #5wilko2013-12-08 10:41

    Not that it would have changed anything, but the draw bar on the traction engine was higher, so it was unweighting the back of the Deere.

  6. #6hvy 1ton2013-12-08 14:23

    I noticed the same thing, but as torquey as those traction engines are i don't think it would have mattered.

  7. #7ValleyFirewood2013-12-08 14:36

    The steam tractor outweighs the Deere by "just a little". It about equivalent of playing tug of war between a person and a truck!

  8. #8JDOFMEMI2013-12-08 21:35

    Not a fair fight at all. The old timer outweighs the Deere by at least double, IMHO, plus the drawbar was angled giving further advantage to the old timer. If the Deere was weighted to equal, and the drawbar level, it might have been a fight.

  9. #9dirtmonkey2013-12-09 07:37

    Hellava roto tillar !

  10. #10Randy882013-12-09 07:55

    The only thing that shocked me was the deere even backed up the steam engine in the first place thinking it had a chance.

  11. #11wilko2013-12-09 22:37

    I'm guessing that the steamer was just toying with the Deere a bit, letting him think he had a chance, before crushing him like a bug.

  12. #12RCTech92013-12-11 20:55

    That was cool!

  13. #13oregon96pd2013-12-30 21:15

    yes, and no lol

  14. #14willd8r2013-12-30 23:47

    I have never laughed so much. steam tractor may be 5 hp.John Deere 300?The Deere John driver would have go away and hide.lol.Any one seen the video of the Dobel steam car.

  15. #15Jnielsen2014-03-19 23:42

    Awesome video