Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

A rival for the M

Squizzy246B ยท 2009-08-18 08:25

What do you guys think of these: http://www.compactgrader.com.au/

Replies16
  1. #1tonka2009-08-18 09:05

    um i'd rather have a skip and drag... but it looks nice i guess

  2. #2Grader4me2009-08-18 10:01

    I know a guy that has a tractor with a back blade, and he trys to maintain the beach road for his tenants. He trys hard but it doesn't work very well. A rig like this would work better. Thanks for sharing.

  3. #3Squizzy246B2009-08-18 10:50

    You'd have to think it would be the ducks guts in small parking lots and the like??

  4. #4Grader4me2009-08-18 11:48

    Oh yeah, I think it would work great in places like that. Small and easy to manuver around. Be fun to try one out..

  5. #5AusDave2009-08-18 13:50

    Cost?? Any idea how much it might cost with various configurations? Regards AusDave

  6. #6RonG2009-08-18 15:53

    Since it is targeted as a close quarters machine it would benefit a lot by having a blade or better yet a bucket on the front to get in the tight spots that can't be reached with the moldboard.Ron G

  7. #7Dualie2009-08-19 00:13

    I think a skip and a drag is much more versatile with the added benefits of being able to get all the way up into the corners and stockpile materials with the bucket.

  8. #8Squizzy246B2009-08-19 06:40

    No idea..an asphalt mob I know over here was going to look at them but I haven't heard.

  9. #9SafetyGloves2009-08-19 17:04

    that looks pretty good

  10. #10tripper_1742009-08-20 12:43

    Huber makes something similar. The tractor slightly longer than a standard tractor and it has a dozer blade up front. It is very handy for trimming along freshly poured curb as it can't do much damage and is very good for small parking lots. A loader tractor with a back drag is probably handier for most parking lot work but for precision (i.e. tennis courts) and street work the Huber is hard to beat. http://www.huberohio.com/products/products.htm

  11. #11Greg2009-08-22 20:15

    Nothing new about these. Allis Chalmers built them in the 40's. Hung a blade underneath an ag tractor with an extended front end to give more stability.

  12. #12tripper_1742009-08-22 20:31

    International too. Greg,do you think a separate manufacturer used farm tractors and made graders. I think I remember others as well as IHC and Allis.

  13. #13Greg2009-08-23 08:09

    Never saw an IHC set up like that and only a couple of Allis Chalmers. I can't say if that I know for sure if the blade kit was OEM or after market.

  14. #14snapfruzen2010-01-12 04:53

    In Oz they called these ag tractor graders with the extended frame "greyhound graders". In central Queensland about 20 klm east of Longreach there's a little town called Ilfracomb which has a free machinery museum and best of all at least 25 graders. About half are pull type, the rest self propelled. Two or three are "greyhounds". There is a 3,yes three, cylinder grader and a 3cylinder Cat dozer, both WWII vets. My favorite was a horse drawn machine with a long platform where you could walk to the back to adjust the rear axle. The operators seat was attached to the circle which was turned with a hand crank. Well worth a look if you're ever in this part of the world. I spent more time here than I did at the Longreach Stockman's Hall of fame. Too bad I didn't have a camera, kick, kick!

  15. #15Squizzy246B2010-01-12 08:07
  16. #16Motor Grader2010-01-13 11:56

    Well I for one think the blade under a tractor is just a terrible, terrible idea.