I decided to get a seat cover for my NH, not because the seat was worn out, but because the seat has a material that could easily get dirty, wet, or ruined with normal use. So, I took a chance on a seat cover on Amazon called "classic Accessories Lawn Tractor Neoprene Seat Cover, Large. I figured if it did not fit, I could use it on my lawn tractor. Anyhow, it seems to fit well, and will absolutely protect the factory seat from getting ruined over time (not sure what was on there mind when they put car-like upholstery in a tractor). The seat cover cost me a bit over $42.00, but I used points, so it really was free to me. I would think it is worth the money tho. I figured I would share this low cost alternative for covering the stock seat cover. As an update, the wrinkles on the seat are now gone after using the tractor for a couple of days.
Mine came with a loose fitting canvas type cover that looks kind of like that. I have no idea what the seat looks like underneath but I'm guessing it looks pretty bad.
You're keeping your seat nice for the next guy? Joe H
LOL...Hopefully there isn't a next guy, I mean, until I die! Actually, I cannot believe the material that was used. Well suited for a couch in the living room. I have seen some pretty nasty seats on construction equipment. We have on occasion, discussed them on this forum. Not only does a stained and torn seat look bad, but I cannot imagine it feels good to sit on one, with the cover ripped or worn. Mine feels good, and I want it to stay that way as long as possible.