Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

A silly C-65 truck question

RTSmith ยท 2018-12-04 12:02

OK- I should know this, but it seems a bit off. 1997 Chevrolet C-65 with an Eaton rear end. Full floating of course, no 2 speed, just a basic rear end. Parked sideways across a hill and the uphill side leaked rear end lube on the inside of the inner wheel. So I assume have (hope only?) a seal problem. But went to check the lube level and see the plugs like you see in the pic. The lower hole- which on most equipment I'd take to be a fill to level, seems too low to carry enough lube to reach out the tubes to the bearings. Anyone familiar with the proper way to check here?

Replies2
  1. #1JPV2018-12-04 13:03

    Lower one would be for a temperature sending unit, fill to the top one.

  2. #2RTSmith2018-12-05 17:54

    Ahaaa. That makes sense. Thanks! I'll go get my figer dirty again, hopefully.