Have not looked at Craigslist for some time, just saying and today had a wild hair to peek. Looked around a bit then went to heavy machinery and last on the last page two 1"x10"x8' cutting edges. Damn son, I need one of those for my bucket reman! Come to find out is less than 5 miles from my normal worksite so am going there this week and buy BOTH! Have steel plate lined up thru my supplier, supposed to be in this week, they are going to plasma cut my bucket sides provided I can get them a side pattern, saves some grief. I have six old teeth from a 955H, going to assemble those to this edge once welded in place and the bucket floor wear plates replaced.
What machine do you have, a HD-6G perhaps? Years ago my dad repowered a HD-6G with a 3-71 when the Buda in it drank some creek water! It was sold in the early 70's and I wonder what ever came of it. Sorry, just me rambling on.....
Are you going to provide us with progress pictures of the project?
As I get it started I will get photos up Just getting materials ready for now Haslag steel already has my side panels cut and the sole plates for the bottom just have to pick them up next week when off from real job! My old AC is one of the last under Allis possibly one of the earliest FA sales HD7G Has a bastardized and seriously heavy MP bucket on it now Rebuilding a GP to make it easier to manuever from a donor parts machine I also own
ATTACH]160520[/ATTACH] Any idea what year it is? I remember running this Allis Chalmers HD 11B (series 2 I think??) when I was young & I believe it was a 1972 model year. So based on that, they were still Allis Chalmers at that time........
By s/n 24xxx it is late '74 to 1976 year range May have been built Allis and rebadged FA It will have Allis labels should I ever repaint it.
I sent you a pm earlier with some information on a machine which I believe to be similar, from our area.
I watched he vid, is a FA HD7G-B They were manufactured alongside the last of the HD7G regular series for a short time then took the place of the plain 7G. Mine has a Buda derivative 4 cylinder Allis 1750 rpm 110hp engine, the B had a Fiat badged Iveco engine and a little different hydraulics for the transmission/steering. Mine has lever operated hydraulic steering clutches, the B had full pedal steer. The Bastardized MP bucket I got with my unit is a Ulrich, over complicated, lots of moving linkages, extra heavy waste of steel most days but was good enough to set our basement and clean off quite a few other sites. I am going to rebuild the GP to take some weight off and gain some cubic yardage digging. Biggest issue of date is the rails on these old machines, the 7G, the 7G-b and the HD11 all had 7.0 inch pitch rails, totally unavailable today. I can with the worn sprockets and some effort install 6.906 Cat rails, smaller diameter bushing, roughly same dimensions for height and width, 11 can do this as well where with flat center segment sprockets can modify for Cat segments and change bottom rollers to cat style.
This is the donor tractor when I first got it Notice the holes in the side panel of the bucket, I did that pushing the carcass to where I could position it.
Well got both edges, are new Case loader 8' edges, predrilled and square shank holes in them but I do not care. $300 got the both. 1" thick, 10" wide full 8' length.
These are the cutting edges and one tooth with shank
Are you going to weld or bolt the shanks on? Looks like nice heavy edges. Re the bucket repair I did on the 941 loader, the previous owners had welded the shanks when the bolts came loose, so mine have both bolts & welds. I ended up gouging about 40 % of the welds & rewilding them.
Shanks will be welded, old machine is going to be around for some time but minimal usage anymore, just a farm tractor. Will be dragging the bucket up to the shop as soon as I get the cooling system on my fork truck(real Farm Tractor) back together, always some machine broken here!
My 180D is back to functional then had fence work to attend where my old Case wagon dropped the hydraulic cylinder. So I took these while venting. The tooth blowouts are my handiwork, the rest is just going to be work!
And yes those are wear through cracks and edge wear, the bucket teeth holes are from moving the dead donor around with the live 7G. Pin holes are not beaten out so bad nor is the base bucket frame shot so has possibility just a lot of plate cutting and sewing. 2+ yard GP where my old MP is but a yard and half. With a mess like this to start I will have to add support plates in the mid region while aligning and setting the inner bottoms then moving to the wear plates, multiple actions to one end. will have pin boss guards and the new cutting edges will become both the bottom lip and the side board edges as where the old bucket had 1/4" side walls will end up with cut out skeleton walls and new panels overlay to the old ones welded in and outside. Will be on this most of my spare time this winter.
Looks like a bigger job than mine was on the 941, as I only had bottom repairs to do. What diam. are the main hinge pins on the 7G bucket? Those side plates must have been thin to puncture like that!!
Bucket pivots are 2" with around a sixteenth to an eighth inch wear to the bosses which I will live with, the side panel I punctured had eroded to less than 1/8". I was amazed it had not folded up from loading pressure. Difference in weight comparing MP to GP is probably half so will gain some of the machines ungainliness back. Has always been front heavy. The sole plate wear plates are less than a eighth inch thick also, in some places paper thin where I could push a screwdriver thru.
Give you an idea how much a mess the old Ulrich MP bucket is I took these, and YES all that stuff moves, has pins and lube points and is braced to beat all hell!! One excessively heavy SOB!
Now that is some collection of linkage!!! The GP bucket will likely weigh 40% less than this one.........
Most likely! This machine dances on the idlers with a full bucket, with a 36x24x16 block of steel hanging on its arse(3800# +/-) All the side linkages, the forward clam reinforcements and moldboard cutting edge are 1" material, then there is the double wall on the moldboard, the double floor on the clam, 1"x 74" cutting edge at front and all those teeth! Damn thing has to go 4-6000# by itself. Basic 7G weight new was 23900 and change, this monster weighed in at almost 28K when bought it. Only real good aspect is it does not swing up in operator view when opened.
Ulrich Mfg made this monster, Roanoke IL and long out of business. Probably due to the expense of engineering as this.
Miller, check this old gal out! If I was in the market what a find this would be...... https://nashville.craigslist.org/hvo/5893806529.html
Nice unit, lots of $$$ for an old Allis even if is a later FA. The 14C units I am aware of have now been sitting for most of three to four years, the man that owns them moves them around so to keep fluids moving but not much as to sales. FA units around MO used to be popular but have long since lost favor where his price comes in pretty well below that 10C.